Wario related costumes as Mario Maker DLC?

No, I was actually going to make a MM sprite based on her original GBC sprite, but I googled it first to make sure it hadn't already been done.

It had! Exactly as I had envisioned it.

Mario Maker is now just Nintendo trying to sell out as much as possible.

I really don't think silly Mario Maker costumes are unbearably offensive enough to warrant accusations of "selling out". They're just tiny optional easter eggs in a far larger experience that serve no real purpose. They can get balls-out weird if they want to. And going by some of these recent additions, they want to.

Now if say, Super Smash Bros had characters locked behind amiibos (and included characters like Hello Kitty) I'd start to worry.

I'm just a little bit annoyed since it seems to be the only thing Nintendo focuses on the game nowadays. I mean granted there isn't a whole lot they could add to the core game I guess but they could at least focus on something that actually impacts the gameplay or maybe have like community level spotlights. It'd be like if in Splatoon they just kept adding in gear that is just tie-in costumes.

Everyone seems to get real upset at the costumes, like come on, they are just costumes! Mario Maker is already a great game, adding more to it such as costumes should not land them in a bad spot.

Getting mad at new characters is like getting angry at DLC characters in Mario Kart, it only adds more to the game.

I'm just a little bit annoyed since it seems to be the only thing Nintendo focuses on the game nowadays. I mean granted there isn't a whole lot they could add to the core game I guess but they could at least focus on something that actually impacts the gameplay or maybe have like community level spotlights. It'd be like if in Splatoon they just kept adding in gear that is just tie-in costumes.

I see your point. Perhaps there isn't a lot more they feel they need to add (that's not to say that there isn't). They can add costumes indefinitely, all it takes is a sprite sheet and some sound effects. Super easy.

Super_Mario_Maker_Ashley.png

I'm just not a fan of reskinning that doesn't really add anything. I mean I guess it'll keep the game relevant but it doesn't actually add anything to game and makes it seem like Nintendo doesn't care about the non-SMB styles.

I'm just not a fan of reskinning that doesn't really add anything. I mean I guess it'll keep the game relevant but it doesn't actually add anything to game and makes it seem like Nintendo doesn't care about the non-SMB styles.
The thing that bothers me about the SMM costumes is they only have costumes available for highly popular characters around the net. There isn't really any fair representation of characters from other series'. I think this is the point I'm starting to feel the annoyance and itch to want more Wario Land and Ware representation because Land especially has been a long running series, yet characters such as E. Gadd from Luigi's Mansion get automatic inclusion because he's from a game that's highly popular on the net.

Back