Wario & Waluigi: Masters of Mischief

Wario & Waluigi: Masters of Mischief

Wario and his brother, Waluigi, pride themselves on being Diamond City's Masters of Mischief. One day however, two crooks named Warren & Walter have arrived from Pearl City with their band of criminals looking to make a name for themselves. They begin a series of crimes that not only turns Diamond City upside down (literally!), but make it difficult for Wario and his brother to get work done! Diamond City Mayor Funk E. Masters is desperate and summons the help of two men he never thought he'd have to ask! Wario & Waluigi, in order to keep their own self-titles as Master's of Mischief, must stop the two new arrivals in a series of microgames and new challenges. By the end of the day, who will be crowned Diamond City's Masters of Mischief?

Gameplay
1-2 players
3D open world of Diamond City. Wario and Waluigi will explore parts of Diamond City they've never been to in order to chase Walter and Warren. Different parts of Diamond City have different styles of gameplay. Classic WarioWare style Microgames, Side-Scrolling Levels, and new 3D Levels. In the open world, you can control either Wario or Waluigi (or both in multiplayer) and do things like break down doors or brick walls using Waluigi's big kick, or Wario's shoulder ram. However, certain levels and micro games will require Wario or Waluigi separately to complete.

Appearances from the Ware group who help stop the bad guys. (Jimmy T, Ashley, etc.)

Think of it as Grand Theft Auto meets WarioWare Inc. meets Super Mario 64!

Last edited:
I really like this concept! Diamond City as an open world? Just winner idea for me! I thought about it too, but I saw it more like a top view RPG kind of game, where you would have the option to leave Diamond City for a classic Treasure Hunt "à la Wario Land". Diamond City would be some kind of level selection with tons of minigames, and even using the money from your adventure to run WarioWare Inc.

Although the idea of Warren & Walter is really funny! It actually makes me wanna have a game like that!

I really like this concept! Diamond City as an open world? Just winner idea for me! I thought about it too, but I saw it more like a top view RPG kind of game, where you would have the option to leave Diamond City for a classic Treasure Hunt "à la Wario Land". Diamond City would be some kind of level selection with tons of minigames, and even using the money from your adventure to run WarioWare Inc.

Although the idea of Warren & Walter is really funny! It actually makes me wanna have a game like that!

The concept is it is open world but different parts of the city can have different levels. And it's mainly open world because it's the Wii U and we'd get to see Diamond City refined in beautiful HD.

When I say that the city is turned upside down literally, I think about how Wario and Waluigi have the reverse logos on their hat of Mario and Luigi. So all the names of the gas stations,stores, parks, etc are turned upside down and it annoys Wario and Waluigi because they flipped down every M into W already, so they have to flip it back over (aka conquer that stage from the bad guys). You'd know that area was completed.

For example, something like the Diamond City Diamond Manufacturing Plant would have a side scroller level (think assembly line, on the assembly belt, etc.). It would also have micro games too. The plant's name would be Diamond City Manufacturing. When Wario and Waluigi were the Masters of Mischief, the goofballs already switched it to Diamond City Wanufacturing. The crooks actually turned it upside down to M when they took over the plant so "saving" the plant actually means turning back into "W". OR the crooks actually switched the M's to W to get the public to blame Wario and Waluigi for all the bad stuff that was going on and they'd have to switch it back to normal to clear their names.

Or Diamond City Millennium Hotel, there'd be like an elevator micro game (think about a comedy movie where the chaser and chased are playing musical chairs in the elevator and escape stairs). As the plant, it was Diamond City Willennium Hotel before the bad guys came, now the good guys have to flip it back.

The open world stuff would be like Wario riding his bike around town grand theft auto style with Waluigi in the side seat and them chasing the bad guys, or going to apartment buildings and taking no names! One hilarious thing I thought about was Wario and Waluigi doing their patented shoulder ram and big kick to break down a door in an apartment building of one of Warren and Walter's lower level henchman. Well the henchman won't rat or give any info... until the Wario Waft makes an impact! lol

So far I've got

Manufacturing Plant
Millennium Hotel
Metro Police Station
Gas Mart
Market
Jimmy T's New Club Smooth Moves
Deli Mart
Maritime Taxi
Motor Sales
Main High School
Money Center