Wario World hacks?

Yeah, that's the one. I was just contemplating if the game would be able to handle a true 3D angle given its low draw distance. I suppose it could handle levels designed with lots of small rooms?

A possible simple solution I can think of is, if you could obtain the level data from the puzzles rooms, you could probably just redesign those and place them in the overworld. Then just move over textures and what not. This'll let you get away with the low draw distance issue. Those puzzle rooms can get really big horizontal and vertically if you look at the puzzle rooms in pecan sands, who knows how much bigger they can get.

Honestly, I make it sound a bit complex. I don't think there's any level modding available for any gamecube game yet anyway. So it would be quite the feat.

The overworld levels were specifically designed with that 2.5D style camera, when I zoom out with the camera you can see how creative the developers got when making the levels. Bending and twisting the backgrounds and level paths itself, you would never know the level actually had turns and corners otherwise!

Last edited:
A possible simple solution I can think of is, if you could obtain the level data from the puzzles rooms, you could probably just redesign those and place them in the overworld. Then just move over textures and what not. This'll let you get away with the low draw distance issue. Those puzzle rooms can get really big horizontal and vertically if you look at the puzzle rooms in pecan sands, who knows how much bigger they can get.

Honestly, I make it sound a bit complex. I don't think there's any level modding available for any gamecube game yet anyway. So it would be quite the feat.

The overworld levels were specifically designed with that 2.5D style camera, when I zoom out with the camera you can see how creative the developers got when making the levels. Bending and twisting the backgrounds and level paths itself, you would never know the level actually had turns and corners otherwise!
Ho ho, I could definitely live with that, the puzzle segments are some of the best aspects to the game. The final one in Pecan Sands in particular is really quite tense based on its scope and the consequences of slipping up.

Back