WarioWare Snapped

warelander

Some random guy online
I'm curious how many here have actually played this strage little entry in the Ware series.

Having never owned a DSi I couldn't play this one until the 3DS' eshop opened and I was curious enough to try it out.

Now there isn't too much to talk about with this one, it's a blatant tech demo, with only 20 microgames that you only play once and the stages just end, no highscoring, no extras and all around just no real flair.

The concept of using the camera as a means of playing WarioWare is an interesting one and while it could sometimes take a bit to get a microgame started, the controls generally work for me, there just isn't anything to do in this game and after mere minutes you have pretty much seen everything.

There are three things I really liked thought:

1: The playable Credits, which really should have saved your highscore btw.

2: The slideshow at the end of every round, showing how much of a dork you were while playing.

3: The outfits for the characters:
large.jpg

And thats it, not very interesting, barely anything to do and there is just not much to say about this one, but I'm interested to hear how many here even played it.

The Iwata Asks for Snapped is pretty funny but also kinda sad at the same time. It's basically 5 pages of Goro Abe and the Intelligent Systems guys saying they had cool ideas and like, tried to make it an actual game, but that they had to dumb it down enormemously to get anything out of the shitty DSi camera. They even conclude it by saying they don't consider it a game.

I remember really wanting this game when it came out. I had a DSi, but no broadband internet at the time (still had dialup), so couldn't download it. I felt cheated that I had to miss an installment of Warioware, but reading this thread makes it seem like I didn't miss much.

What are the costumes supposed to be? They look like fast food restaurant drive-thru attendants.

The Iwata Asks for Snapped is pretty funny but also kinda sad at the same time. It's basically 5 pages of Goro Abe and the Intelligent Systems guys saying they had cool ideas and like, tried to make it an actual game, but that they had to dumb it down enormemously to get anything out of the shitty DSi camera. They even conclude it by saying they don't consider it a game.

That does sound really unfortunate and makes me wonder how many other games and concepts suffered or got the axe because of the DSI's shitty camera.

I bought it a couple of months ago and... I feel cheated.
I can barely get it to work half of the time.
A stage is two-player only, and I have no Wario fan friends.
It is £4! £4! A POUND FOR EVERY 5 MICROGAMES?
By that logic, Gold should be £60!

I enjoyed it. Sure, it wasn't muy largo, but I still think it's a cool and novel idea with a very unique art style!

Back