WarioWare:Touched! is 10-years old today.

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
(incidentaly, it's also the 8th anniversary of Smooth Moves, huh.)

Well wadya know, as of today, it's been 10 years WarioWare: Touched! reached Japanese storefronts. As a launch title of the DS, Touched! was many people's introduction to the series, and it is its most commercially succesful title. Notably, it's the 2nd DS game ever to break the one million sales barrier.

-What are your memories of playing the game?

-What aspects of the game did you like? What did you not like?

-Where would you rank Touched! vis-a-vis the rest of the series? Would you say the game's contribution to the series are positive or negative?

Last edited:
Been playing it lately, and it's quite a fun one.

The microgames are fun for the most part. Yes, that includes Mike's, though that moment where you're not supposed to blow at all can get me from time to time. Sorry, Fronks, I didn't expect to see you!

Ashley's introduction. Need I say more?

The unlockables are fun,and I like that some can only be gotten through beating the scores in some of them.

However, the worst thing, I guess, is that there's an optional thing where if you get a certain score in a character's microgames, you get a gold crown. Not so bad, but getting all the gold crowns feels kinda like an empty victory. You get a whistle thing, and it's nothing remarkable. I suppose it's better than nothing, but I expected something a little better, at least.

One other poor aspect include that sometimes, things don't always work as they should. I'm pretty sure this isn't my touch screen being bad. Sometimes, it doesn't register that I tapped it at all. I have the same problem in WarioWare: DIY, so I wonder if it's a general problem. Then again, I could easily be blaming technology for my own failings, so who knows?

All in all, though, the game was fun, and I'd welcome another one like it.

Is it really ten years old? Wow, now I feel old.

I still have not beaten this game. That last boss game is really hard.

Touched is a great game. I bought the game used from Gamestop for about $20 back in 2008 and it was money well spent.

Plus it give us Ashley.

-What are your memories of playing the game?

Having a lot of fun and laughing at most microgames, even if I lost (much like in WarioWares).

-What aspects of the game did you like?

I liked the touch controls, Ashley's Song (original and best version), that hilarious dude-thingy you control in Kat&Ana's boss microgame, 9-Volt & 18-Volt's stage having the classic microgame Gold Digger, and the many silly toys.

What did you not like?

The lack of a Dribble&Spitz stage (Mona stole their theme of having a cool ninja microgame!).

-Where would you rank Touched! vis-a-vis the rest of the series? Would you say the game's contribution to the series are positive or negative?

It's one of my favorites! I rank it above all but the original/its GCN port, and Smooth Moves.

Touched was the second DS game I have ever gotten and it's also the first DS game of mine that used the Touchscreen to an secnificant degree.
I remember first picking it up and noticing just how good the controls feel for such a game, in fact this game might have the best controls in the entire series, beeing able to move things around yourself on a small screen allows for much quicker and precise reactions from the player, which is exactly what this kind of game needs, it's also the first game in the series in which I managed to score over 100 points, which might not be that great, but it felt like a milestone to me dangit!
I wasn't a fan of Dribble and Spitz beeing demoted to extra and Mike's stage isnt the stuff of kings either, but other than that everything else checks out, it's still insanly fun to play, the characters are as charming as ever, the presentation is solid, I love Ashley, I love Mike (despite his stage beeing meh), I love Wario Man, it's just a great game, nothing else needs to be said.

I remember WarioWare Touched, because it was my first WarioWare game. It was also one of the early ones I got for the DS, mostly because a deal they had going involved getting two games and the console for cheaper than usual (the other one was Super Mario 64 DS).

My memories of playing the game were basically enjoying most of it, struggling like hell to get through Mike's stage (the microphone in DS games is about as bad as the gyroscope in 3DS ones) and then enjoying it again on Wario Man's stage. The toys were really fun too, like the one with the bouncing ball guy and what not.

I liked the characters and stories, especially Wario himself, Mona, Jimmy T, Ashley, Dr Crygor and 9 Volt/18 Volt. I also liked the toys, music and other stuff things.

I didn't like the microphone based microgames, cause they didn't really work well. I also didn't like how short/easy the game was, although that's always been a bit of an issue with Wario games.

Back