Was Mario Paint a inspiration for the style of the series?

warelander

Some random guy online
That's just something that just crossed my mind, because Mario Paint always struck me as odd in just how weird the game was (for Mario standards) the interactive title screen where clicking on the R will cause it to freakishly get an eye and run around, the doodle sequence after clicking on Mario, the Fly Swatter minigame or that weird Robot that saves your drawings, non of which would feel out of place in your typical Wario Ware game.

I do recall reading that many people that work on the Ware series have fond memorys of the game and between the high amount of Mario Paint microgames, a fully playable version of Fly Swatter in Mega Microgame$ and Do It Yourself's whole creation interface being based on Paint, it shows quite a bit.

So yeah, anyone think there might be something to this?

I think they said Wario was an "idiot" and that he was the only character to do something like ware and him being an "idiot" would be associated with random feats like in Mario paint. I think the reason all that odd stuff was in Mario paint was because it was a game where you were supposed to be creative, and the team could do that with ware.
That or they just wanted to make a random game. (i dunno)

I'm pretty sure I've seen stuff before that said they repurposed some of the ideas from Mario Paint going into WarioWare. I believe there was also stuff about how the style of game it fit Wario better than it would Mario because he was 'kinda a stupid character' (though I always figured they meant silly or goofy).

Back