Was WarioWare DIY meant to be the last game?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Someone online said it just now, and to be honest... I can see where they're coming from. Make all the WarioWare games you want, and give Intelligent Systems a chance to move onto something else.

But I don't believe it was ever meant to be the final game. Game & Wario shows they have some interest in still using the characters, and hey, they know the DS wifi wouldn't exactly last forever (meaning the whole sharing aspect would become moot).

• Agree
Reactions: 607
In the Iwata Asks, Goro Abe says he wanted to do an UGC-focused WarioWare as early as Mega Party Games.

It's possible they could have thought that during development, but I see nothing in the promo or dev interview to really substantiate that.

Even if we accept the premise that was the case, tho, I doubt D.I.Y *could* have been the last WW had it been more successful. The usable input methods are rather crude and DS was a rather shitty paltform for online content, so there was plently of room to iterate on the concept.

Last edited:
It's not something I'd call a fauxnale, since while it was fun, it didn't have anything to give it a finale feeling.

Even with the main gimmick, it feels like another WarioWare game. Not that it's a bad thing, but if it was even intended to be the last, there should have been more to at least end it on a high note.

It was in no way meant to be the last game. As SurrealBrain said, it didn't feel like it at all, and as CM30 said, Game & Wario proves the series is not dead: it's clearly a WarioWare game to me. All it changes is the fact that there are less microgames and more of other gimmicks.

Back