What do you want in WarioWare Switch?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Personally, I'd like to see:

1. Far more of a focus on new microgames than older ones. Obviously WarioWare Gold was a best of setup, but yeah, it's the new stuff that gets me excited for each new game, not the repeats.
  2. Better souvenirs in general. Records were nice, and the mini game selection from WarioWare Gold can make for a good starting point too, but I'd generally like to see more of the wacky extras from Twisted/Touched rather than more alarm clocks and 3D models of video game systems.
  3. Some nicer animations and cutscenes would be good to see too. Don't get me wrong, I like the ones in Gold, but the voice acting doesn't always work well with the flash stylings of the cutscenes, and I think something closer to Wario Land Shake It or what not may work better for them in future.
  4. The return of the extra modes from Gold. Stuff like Sneaky Gamer and Wario Interrupts were nice extras, and I feel the Switch game should expand on that sort of thing with more interesting options.
  5. Maybe a few microgames that utilised the Switch's Joy-Cons. I mean, you can move them both separately, so why not increase the complexity of the motion controls to compensate?

But what about you? What do you want to see here?

The return of the extra modes from Gold.
Every WW game from now on should have a WarioWatch mode. It should be a standard like the 3 pig/monkey/bear/etc remixes.

Unfortunately, Sneaky Gamer wouldn't work on the switch. You can't cram the microgames and 9-Volts room onto the same screen.
That would make it too crammed and defeat the purpose of having to pay attention to 2 screens.
The Splitscreen mode also wouldn't work the same way (only 1 screen and all). But maybe they can still make it work.

The question is, what are the controls gonna be?
It would have to be mainly button controls, since motion control stuff wouldn't work in handheld mode. (I dunno about you, but I would wanna play my new WW mostly handheld mode.)
And tilt controls wouldn't work in docked mode. (at least not the same way. they wouldn't be able to make gravity microgames).
I mean... I wouldn't mind having only button games the entire time, but would Nintendo think that's enough to market the game with?
Or would they rather shoehorn another gimmick into the game?

You know what would work really well? A Mega Party Game$ sequel/port/remaster/remake! Cuz the switch is all about sharing the joy and all that jazz. And Party Game$' multiplayer was really great. They could come up with a bunch of new modes as well.
And maybe even have online multipl-ahahahahahaha, sorry, couldn't keep a straight face.

What even is online multiplayer? Never heard of it. S:(

Reactions: 607
Unfortunately, Sneaky Gamer wouldn't work on the switch. You can't cram the microgames and 9-Volts room onto the same screen.
That would make it too crammed and defeat the purpose of having to pay attention to 2 screens.
The Splitscreen mode also wouldn't work the same way (only 1 screen and all). But maybe they can still make it work.
Random thought: that's where the HD Rumble feature might be used. Just watch the character from the back playing, paying attention when something seemingly moves.

Basically a lot of it has already been said, and I agree with the idea of some HD rumble-based microgames. Not to mention porting over some of the Game & Wario minigames that actually can be ported to Switch; an outright port of Game & Wario would be a nightmare to do, if not outright impossible, so I'll settle for the easier to port modes being put into a new game.

-Leaderboards
-Strong local multiplayer modes (maybe bring back Mega Party Games'?)
-Take a cue from Game & Wario in the unlockable toy department

also ashley's storyline better set up crazy galaxy

Microgames involving Jacob Rendall

1534787003167.png

I really like the concept of the Fronk microgames, I really hope they return. I had the idea of maybe those games can be returning ones, but they can have Fronks implemented into them somehow? For example, The Outcast from Smooth Moves, but with Fronks, because that one was already easy and a shorter time limit would make it more difficult (and I want that one back because it has like, the best music haha). Also, I liked Smooth Moves' implementation of Miis in some microgames and I was slightly disappointed that didn't return in Gold. Same thing with the ability to listen to individual microgame music.
WWSM_The_Outcast.png

Last edited:
Some things not yet said.

1. One unified gameplay style. Ever since Twisted/Touched (depending on your region) microgames have been separated by gameplay style rather than themes. Gold has a mixture of both but I'd like the return of the original WarioWare's setup of giving every character a theme while controls for the gameplay stays consistent. I was think for the Switch, it would just be the control stick, the A button. But utilize the HD rumble.

2. No voice acting. I feel like the focus on dialogue killed a lot of the humor. WarioWare is a game about absurd fast pace microgames. So the cutscenes should also have the same style and energy.

3. Multiplayer focus. The Switch is about sharing a joycon with your friend and playing together. The main focus of WarioWare for the Switch should be just that. Much like Mega Party Game$, the game focuses on a variety of multiplayer modes. Even the main story mode can be played cooperatively with a second player. The microgames in Story Mode will be passed back and forth between 1-4 players with the Boss Microgame being played with all four players together.

4. Multi-Switch Modes. Much like how Super Mario Party utilizes multiple Switches for some bonus modes, so will this new WarioWare.

5. Waluigi. Yup. He's finally here. I think he should be a surprise final boss. Instead of Wario Man or Wario Deluxe or whatever, Waluigi crashes the party. Imagine how crazy everyone would go if this happened!

A new mode where it gets faster every microgame until it slows down at the boss. I think calling it speed and Wario would be nice.

Back