What is that instrument used in WL4/ WWare?

Koopaul

Yes. I'm that Koopaul.
I've always wondered this, and wondered if anyone else noticed. In Wario Land 4 a lot of it's music used this sound... this deep... "Bum Ba-bum Ba-budum"

It's also in Wario Ware Inc.

What is that sound supposed to be? What instrument? Is it some sort of strange bass guitar strumming?

After Mega Party Game$ I never heard it used anymore. It seemed for a while like a defining trait for Wario music. It sounded heavy, like Wario himself. I miss that "Bum Bum Bum"

This is probably something the composer created for Wario Land 4's soundtrack and then kept using for Wario Ware. I'm not sure if it's supposed to represent a real instrument but if it was then I'd say it's just a bass. I really like the sound though.

I had really hoped they would continue to use that sound and style for future Wario titles. But alas they didn't. Also I wanted to know because every time someone tries to recreate the music from those games, they bever do that sound right. That's why I wanted to know what it was specifically to see if a person could recreate the music on an MP3 maker or mixer.

Back