What is the unique selling point for the Wario series?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Well, Mario is seen as the traditional platformer, for almost all audiences.

Kirby is an easier platformer, for newer games.

Donkey Kong Country is meant to be a more grounded and realistic in setting (if not in characters), with less floating blocks and platforms and less 'game' elements.

So what's Wario's selling point? I'd say it's basically the weirdness. It's the series where all logic flies out the window and where everything starts making less and less sense the further you go. Whereas Mario always plays it a bit 'safe' (so to speak), Wario's games just go all out of the insanity and don't even try to be 'traditional'.

Wario Ware's selling point should be the weirdness. Wario Land's selling point should be what a rotten person you can be. I always loved the Wario Land 4 ad. Seeing everyone acting like a greedy jerk made me land and want to get the game. I think somewhere deep inside, we all want to be Wario. To be greedy, nasty force to be reckoned with.

Both series have fun weirdness as a selling point, though Ware does it more than Land. Land still has a lot of unique and fun weird things such as fun bosses like Large Fry/Soccer Bunny, awesome unique levels like Pinball Zone/A Town in a Chaos, interesting characters with unique designs/gimmicks such as the shopkeeper turned spoilers in Land 4/Carpaccio and his crazy transformation, but it also sells a lot on a different type of gameplay experience, which is using your powers through various ways to collect loot. Most of the challenges in the Land series come from difficult/clever usage of Wario's abilities to find more treasure.

As for Ware, it's a quick and fun gameplay that constantly makes you laugh, aided by its likable characters, as well as the interest in getting high scores.

The Wario series has personality in their AI much like
  • Spyro the Dragon trilogy
  • KIU (in a more offensive-against-the-player way)
  • Earthbound/Mother
Wario collects treasure for the completionists out there.
Wario is a puzzle-platformer (think sidescroller and Zelda in one)
Each Wario game is different much like
  • Spyro the Dragon trilogy
Wide variety of music

And that's pretty much it.

Back