What is your dream career?

RevampedSpider

Who dares disturb the flying dutchman?
There’s a very interesting forum theead of the same name on the Mario Fan Games Galaxy forum, so I decided to bring it here. What are your guys’ dream careers?

Mine is someday working for Nintendo as a developer. Fortunately in the U.S., there is one development studio here (not Retro Studios, but an actual Nintendo development division) called Nintendo Software Technology. Many of you may know about the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, which is arguably their most famous work. They’ve also worked on Wave Race: Blue Storm, Pokémon Puzzle League, 1080° Avalanche, the cancelled Project H.A.M.M.E.R., the Switch/3DS port of Captain Toad, and the absolutley wonderful and jaw-dropping Mario Clock. Sadly, due to the amount of money spent on Project H.A.M.M.E.R., they’ve been relegated to working on smaller, lower-budget projects. The upside however, is that they seem to be working on more notable projects since they worked on Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, which although not that impressive or interesting, could definitely lead to a good change for the company that could return them to the pre-H.A.M.M.E.R. days. The best part is that Washington is relatively close to my home state, and even closer to the college I’m attending next year. That’s my current idea on what to do after I graduate.

But what about you guys? What are your dream careers?

Getting paid to do what I do already would be fantastic-- I mean, I do it every day anyway-- but uhhhh music arrangement, sound design, the whole dealie. "Getting paid to tahutoa" is the best blanket term I can think of.

When I was growing up, definitely a musician.

Now that Im in my 30s, dunno :p But I like the job I have now, would like to keep it. Though in my mid to late 20s, I realized that I would have loved to have been an archeologist. Think that would have been an amazing career.

I want to be a children's author. I love drawing cartoons and making up silly little stories.

I imagine you'd be good at poems for some reason.
Getting paid to do what I do already would be fantastic-- I mean, I do it every day anyway-- but uhhhh music arrangement, sound design, the whole dealie. "Getting paid to tahutoa" is the best blanket term I can think of.
We already know you're good at that.

Me? Um...
Wow...
Politics interest me a lot.
Computers too.

I want to use art/music/poetry/animation to help people with social anxiety or behavior problems and see how it teaches them to become more independent and connected with humanity, rather than resort to more dangerous/risky behavior to try to feel connected. Kind of like a therapist, or art teacher, maybe?

Back