What was everyone's first reaction to Wario in Brawl?

I was 4 when the trailer came out. Only a few years later I saw the trailer and thought "Haha funny fart!"

Mario 64 SS and Brawl really helped me gain my love for Wario though.

I probably laughed at his fart cloud in the intro because it was so big and cartoony. I also think he's my favorite villain in Subspace. As a character tho in the game eh I liked the others more.

Loved it, as I have always been a bigger fan of the more goofy, Ware-esque side of Wario's personality, rather than the gruff side of the Land games. Not to say I don't adore the Land games, just not as much. Es algo simple.

Loved it, as I have always been a bigger fan of the more goofy, Ware-esque side of Wario's personality, rather than the gruff side of the Land games. Not to say I don't adore the Land games, just not as much. Es algo simple.
I think the Wario Land series is plenty goofy. For Smash, they could draw from many of Wario Land's transformations that verge on the absurd: Vampire Bat Wario or Puffy Wario could make for wonderfully silly recovery moves, for example.

Too busy actually exploding about Snake being announced to realize that Wario wasn't his Wario Land appearance.
I ended up finding that all out in Smash 4 when I was forced to play someone else than Snake.

Back