[Poll] Who's the most 'evil' villain in the Wario Land series?

Who's the most evil Wario Land villain?

• Captain Syrup

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Rudy the Clown

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Golden Diva

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Awazon Genie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Jewel

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Terrormisu

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Shake King

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
In general?

Personally, I'd say Rudy might just about take it, though The Shake King, Black Jewel and Golden Diva give him competition on that front.

It's gotta be the health bar. It came back from the depths of generic platformer hell to make us gamers ever tense and has been around ever since.
I'm actually really surprised that coins have never been used as a health bar, really. In Wario World they substitute an Extra Life system, but still.

Anyway, most evil villain's probably Rudy, if only for the scale of his influence.

I'm actually really surprised that coins have never been used as a health bar, really. In Wario World they substitute an Extra Life system, but still.

Anyway, most evil villain's probably Rudy, if only for the scale of his influence.

Well, they did used to work in a similar way in a few games. Wario Land 2 had you lose coins when hit, and Wario Land 4 had them to gauge how long you'd last in the level when the frog switch runs out. But you're right. Surprised Wario hasn't gone the Sonic the Hedgehog route at least once.

Syrup, Cannoli, Carpaccio, and the Shake King are motivated by stealing to gain wealth. In that respect, they're really just about as evil as Wario himself is.

I dunno what Demon Head's (referred to as Awazon Genie here) deal was. He was just VBWL's final boss and had little story explanation.

Rudy enslaved the Music Box world and turned its inhabitants into monsters, which is a higher grade of evil. However, him suffering from a cold in Dr. Mario 64 did expose a slightly more comical side to the character.

Golden Diva seems similar to Rudy, transforming Shokora into a cat and taking over her lost kingdom.

Black Jewel seemed to just pick on greedy people specifically. He seemed to be some kind of karmic trickster who transformed Wario's castle just to punish his greediness. Of course, Wario was having none of that.

Terrormisu straight-up destroyed an entire ancient society and convinced a pharaoh to starve his subjects. She's by far the most maliciously cruel of Wario's foes, so she gets my vote here.

Of course, "most evil" does not equal "favorite." Those honors go to Syrup and Cannoli; Wario just works best off of rival thieves.

I think who goes to the "most evil vilain" has to be Rudy the clown!
I mean, he transformed the villagers into monsters and at the same time they sealed Rudy at the Temple to prevent to destroy the Music Box world (and Mushroom Kingdom).
Then comes Wario which "saved" both worlds and also the villagers (which came in mind that the players have been killing persons by shoulder bash'ing them without knowning their existence.
GG Nintendo)

That's hardcore!

Back