Why does that singer sing Ashley's Song in WarioWare Touched?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
You know, the one in Mona's Intro?

Cause I never really understood this. It seems like a song written and performed by the named character, yet somehow it's being sung by someone else on a radio show. Did Ashley someone license out or sell her theme song as a record?

Any ideas?

The Mario Wiki seems to imply it's Bridget/Luna herself singing Ashley's Song in her stage and not Ashley though I am really sure about that myself.

My theory :

Ashley herself doesn't sing in her world, the song we hear her sing is just part of the game's soundtrack for us - but in her world, Ashley doesn't like to sing. The singer wrote the song based on Ashley meaning they've got their own version of Ashley's song.

In our world, Ashley's song is by Ashley herself

Their world, Ashley's song is by the singer.

If I were Ashley, I'd sue the person and make extra cash (unless the singer got Ashley's permission. : P)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

or your theory could be correct - She sold the rights to her song to the singer to make extra cash.

In the Japanese version of the game it's clearly not Ashley singing the song. Totally different voice. But in the US version its the same voice actress. I don't the the US localizers thought about this.

In the Japanese version of the game it's clearly not Ashley singing the song. Totally different voice. But in the US version its the same voice actress. I don't the the US localizers thought about this.

Huh, didn't know that. Guess it's a bit of a mistake by Nintendo in the localisation.

Anyone have some Ashley voice clips from the Japanese version of the game to compare?

I can hear the voice being different in the English versions as well but the difference is not obvious.

Actually, it seems the version of Ashley's song used for the Cute Cuts intro is the same as the one used in her stage for the Japanese version of the game. Mike's Song is also different in that it is the Japanese version naturally but also in that it begins at a later spot.
14:50 to see.

Huh:

I can hear a small difference in the voices in Ashley's stage (I assume it's her speaking when the player wins or loses a microgame). But it's not immediately obvious either way.

Back