Why is Ashleys Song, so popular?

warelander

Some random guy online
Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, but I never got why this one became so popular (even outside of the fandom) compared to all of the other songs in the franchise...

Because it has lyrics. And a pretty girl. That's enough to make 90% of the internet crazy.

Yeah, just about. Female characters tend to become pretty popular in most cases. Probably has something to do with typical 'gamer' demographics.

The whole 'dark' or 'evil' aspect may have had something to do with it too. People love villains and villain songs, and being a creepy goth girl who hates everyone and wants to rule the world makes you pretty popular among a certain internet subculture or ten. I guess the lyrics helped too, although to be honest, many of the most popular songs in other Wario games didn't need them to become popular. Wario Land 3's credits theme and Wario Land 4's Crescent Moon Village theme are some of the most popular songs in their games, and didn't need more than maybe a few vocal grunts in the background to become seen as classics.

Back