Why isn't Wario in Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo Challenge?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
User Name Style Change
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
Gold Necklace
Gold Earrings
User Title Style Change
I never got that. I mean, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong got in, complete with awesome remixes of music from Donkey Kong Country games:

And even Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Bros 2 and Yoshi's Woolly World are represented in this title.

So why not Wario? He has an Amiibo. He has an obvious gimmick (shoulder barge through blocks). His levels could have a Wario Land themed tileset and background with a remix of a Shake It theme or something, like this:

And hell, even Mario Party 10 did this.

Why is he not in this game?

King Hehehe

Kingpin of Coinage
Coins
Yeah, beats me. The only thing I can think of is that his overalls amiibo from wave 2 of the Super Mario line hasn't been announced/released, but that's a really flimsy excuse if that's the only one.

I.M.Gibbon

Wario Fan Supreme
Coins
What do they work on there now?

Given Mario and Donkey Kong has basically finished?
As far as I can tell from job postings and job interviews I've had, they're working on mobile stuff. Whether that's a new MvsDK for mobile or just like mobile SDK work, who can say. I know they worked on WiiU and Switch firmware/SDK stuff in the past, so it might just be an extension of that work.

They also helped out with Mario Maker 3DS and Snipperclips, so there's that I guess

Sabby Brina

24 Carotene Log
Coins
Probably because it's Mini Mario & FRIENDS.

EDIT: I haven't gotten much into the game so I didn't know Bowser and Bowser Jr. were in it.

Last edited:

LesTheTimeSweeper

Wario Fan Supreme
Coins
They've been neglecting Wario in general these days. He doesn't even have a Switch avatar while Donkey Kong does, and his series didn't get a reference in Odyssey while Donkey Kong's and Yoshi's did.