Would you like to see more connections to rhythm Heaven?

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
Until now we've seen many cameos from Rhythm Heaven characters in Wario Ware and vice versa (although the only Wario Ware characters I've seen in Rhythm Heaven are the space bunnies).

We can assume that both series take place in the same world (maybe even in the same city?)
and they often share the same art style and sense of humor (and weirdness).

But what would you think if they made the connections even more obvious in future titles?
Like with a character that actually gets a more prominent role in one of the minigames or a specific shared location?

Or heck, what about a straight up crossover?

Your thoughts/ideas?

I have more faith in a WW character appearing in a future Rhythm Heaven that I do in them appearing in any EAD-developed gaem.

Kung-Fu Man sequel with Young Cricket? Lol.

Just found something interesting while playing Rhythm Tengoku again:
proooof2.png

Left: WarioWareInc.
Right: Rhythm Tengoku

This prety much proves it's the same city. ^^

Rhythm Heaven and WW being in the same universe is pretty obvious at this point

but

dose it means Rhythm Heaven is part of ~the expanded Mario mythos~????????

Given that Diamond City seems to appear in Wario Land 4 (well, that city looks very familiar to the pictures above anyway), then I think it's obvious that Rhythm Heaven is another Mario verse series.

Then again, you could make the judgement that a lot of franchises are technically in this universe. Donkey Kong might be, so that would tie in Banjo Kazooie, Conker and all of Rare's other games.

Heck, you want something amusing?

Rare references and cameos appear in Kinect Sports. Mario Kart has a Wuhu Island track. Wii Sports and Kinect Sports could theoretically be therefore considered part of the same universe. Awkward?

Want an insane one?

Mario was in a game with Donkey Kong

Diddy Kong is from the Donkey Kong series and was in a game with Banjo

Banjo was in Minecraft

Master Chief was in Minecraft

Hence Mario and Master Chief are somehow connected. Mario and Halo? Who'd have thought?

Want an insane one?

Banjo was in Minecraft

Hence Mario and Master Chief are somehow connected. Mario and Halo? Who'd have thought?
Hey! Custom skins don't count! xD

Want an insane one?

Banjo was in Minecraft

And that's not even counting stuff like the old club Nintendo comics, one of which had freakin' Chucky and Jason in it:

Mario_Horror-1.gif

Man, Mario sure is living in one fucked up universe.

If you want to consider the Mario & Sonic Olympics games, we can toss Sonic's games in this universe as well.
Including the other Sega series' that had appearences in the Sonic series such as Nights and Sonic Lost World had a Zelda DLC level, which even had a Link appearence.
Then there is also Mario is Missing on the Nes where you have to retrive King Kong from the Koopas and King Kong had a battle with Godzilla in the past.....

844.jpg

Mind. Blown.

Also Mario, Luigi, Wario, Toad, Peach and Birdo appear in Kirby Superstar (and Ultra) which links those 2 series together
and Samus appears in Kirby's Dreamland 2 so we can add the Metroid series to the list
and of course, both Link AND Samus appear in Mario RPG.

I have more faith in a WW character appearing in a future Rhythm Heaven that I do in them appearing in any EAD-developed gaem.

Kung-Fu Man sequel with Young Cricket? Lol.
Didn't Young Cricket appear in an endless game in Fever?

And yes, that seems to be the best that these characters will ever get. Though I could have sworn that someone at SPD said that they like to do things differently from EAD, didn't they? SPD still falls under "Nintendo", but they're still treated like an "outsider" when it comes to these games.

You may have noticed how they want SMG1, not M&L Partners in Time, to take the credit of "creating the Ice Flower". And you know it says a lot when the Year of Luigi didn't try to help out Daisy and Waluigi.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure but I think if he was supposed to be the same person they would've made it obvious and pointed it out somehow.
And if he's the same then why did they change his hair from black with white ....highlights(?) to gray and made him look like a kid instead of a teenager?

I think he just looks similar since they were both designed by the same person.

Back