Wow, Wario Land 4's translation is pretty accurate...

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Okay, it's not really a surprise, Wario Land games are hardly RPGs with millions of lines of text to translate. But really, it's kind of impressive just how close many of the translations are to the original ones, even when you'd expect otherwise.

Like Forty Below Fridge... is apparently named -40℃ Fridge in Japan. I seriously thought that the name was a joke by the translators til I looked that up.

I'm also surprised that Fiery Cavern is just Fiery Cavern in Japanese, given Nintendo's tendencies to heavily censor content that might be questionable. Kind of expected the hell reference to be somewhat more obvious in Japanese...

And for the most part, every level is like that. Okay, there are some small differences (Pinball Zone being Pinball Tower or Toy Block Tower being Toy Block Castle), and the odd level is differently named (The Big Board being 'Board Game Country'), but for the most part, it's pretty much nigh on identical, just with the wording made better and more interesting where necessarily (Crescent Moon Ghost Town would be just stupid sounding if it wasn't changed to Crescent Moon Village).

The bosses... they're mostly an exception, but we really got the better deal there. But that's another topic.

Still, anyone else think the same? How surprisingly spot on this game's translation is?

Back