1 Year Reflection or TL;DR

I think forums are only as "close knit" as the person participating on them makes it. If the community doesnt feel that way to you, its probly not because the members dont try to be that way with you, but because you dont put yourself out there enough to make yourself a close member of the community. Online forums are a group effort, theyll only go as far as the members take it.

And I think @pjparadox put it best, the only problems I have with this site is the fact that it dies down and then immediately bursts back to life so unpredictably, and also the fact that people act like Wario is the only reason to come here, and that the fact that the franchise is not active is reason to not be here. I have been a member of many forums, and besides for a Simpsons forum years ago, I never actually went to those forums for the sites topic : p If I come back and continue to contribute to the site, its because I really liked and have grown attached to the community, and want to be a member of it. Thats the reason I stuck around here, I thought the community was way great and fun to talk to, and I wanted to be a member of it, too : p

A forum is only as lively as its members make it, theres a million things we could talk about if we were interested in being a community.

(Also speaking of the negative ratings, Ive never once seen a site where its members could use them maturely, and everytime they cause fights with people, so I generally dislike them because of that : p)

I might tone down talking about myself since I've honestly bled more information about myself than I would've liked to.
nuuu, now i have to probe for your personality ;-;
its completely fine to state if something is wrong, i mean no forum is remotely perfect, but we can fix problems or at least know what is causing them so it doesnt feel so awful.

I had plans on making the forums more lively, but people here don't want to talk about Ashley that much. At one point I was going to make a thread about Ashley's origin and stuff, but people were already telling me I talk about her too much. Q.Q

I try adding to discussions but 85% of the time people ignore me and talk to the next person.

I had plans on making the forums more lively, but people here don't want to talk about Ashley that much. At one point I was going to make a thread about Ashley's origin and stuff, but people were already telling me I talk about her too much. Q.Q

I try adding to discussions but 85% of the time people ignore me and talk to the next person.

You really ought to start an Ashley forum, fansite or shrine. You feel so passionately for the character but you really need to realise the vast majority of us don't share the same interest for her. Some of us haven't played the few games she appears in or even know the character. Most of us are here for Wario or simply for the great community, like MonaWare.

Well, tomorrow will be my first year anniversary of this site, so I figured I could post my thoughts too : p

Ive actually been on alot of forums, and I even stayed an active member for years on a few of them. And I can definitely say that this forum is by far the most chill, cool, mellow and all around easy going easy to get along with forum Ive ever been on : p Ive only seen one member who is too passionate to get along with here, and even then I think it was often dealt with pretty well by the other members. Its way awesome : p

I mean people here have even talked about more serious and controversial things without getting all upset and making a giant scene, thats a really hard to find thing : p And in my experience, you can talk about just about anything here and someone will have something to add to it, making the community a community who takes an interest in you and is willing to converse, and not just here to talk about themselves then leave when theyre done. Thats way awesome too : p

Yeah, it gets kinda dead around here, but it pretty much always picks back up, so it doesnt really bother me too much : p I think this is one of the best forums Ive ever been a member of. I wish it were a little bigger and a bit more active, I guess. But really, you guys are some of the coolest people Ive met online : p

Hopefully we all continue to be active here, and keep the community alive, and dont dissapear off the face of the earth anytime soon : p

Back