607 plays Piano

What kind of instrument do you play? (if more applicable, select your main)

• Cello, violin, or some other string instrument.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

"This cover's almost perfect! I know I say I don't strive for perfection, and I don't, but it's still really cool if things go as they should. ;)
This very satisfying theme by Kozue Ishikawa isn't particularly difficult to play, and rather simple to learn. It's all about consistency, and here's the thing: I'm not good at that. Usually I'd hit some unintended keys here and there, or fall out of the rhythm for a few beats... but not this time! When born_ego's mother listened to my performance she remarked how solid the rhythm was.
One part that IS difficult is the one after the sustained note. That F-Fis-G-C-B-F-G sequence is really quite fast, and was tricky to learn. But once it got into my muscle memory, this wasn't much of a problem either. :)
I will probably keep playing this from time to time, as it's so satisfying to me. I hope it's not only satisfying to play, but also to listen to!

Be the first to give the correct answer to the following question to earn 7 CP: who is the person on the book on the piano? ;)"

"This cover's almost perfect! I know I say I don't strive for perfection, and I don't, but it's still really cool if things go as they should. ;)
This very satisfying theme by Kozue Ishikawa isn't particularly difficult to play, and rather simple to learn. It's all about consistency, and here's the thing: I'm not good at that. Usually I'd hit some unintended keys here and there, or fall out of the rhythm for a few beats... but not this time! When born_ego's mother listened to my performance she remarked how solid the rhythm was.
One part that IS difficult is the one after the sustained note. That F-Fis-G-C-B-F-G sequence is really quite fast, and was tricky to learn. But once it got into my muscle memory, this wasn't much of a problem either. :)
I will probably keep playing this from time to time, as it's so satisfying to me. I hope it's not only satisfying to play, but also to listen to!

Be the first to give the correct answer to the following question to earn 7 CP: who is the person on the book on the piano? ;)"

Very nice! It sounds perfect, and very consistent. It would be nice to hear it a little longer, but I can imagine that it's very hard to keep pace and rhythm for that long.

The person on the book is J.S. Bach, I believe. (But you can give the 7 CP to somebody else who got the correct answer.)

• Friendly
Reactions: 607
Very nice! It sounds perfect, and very consistent. It would be nice to hear it a little longer, but I can imagine that it's very hard to keep pace and rhythm for that long.

The person on the book is J.S. Bach, I believe. (But you can give the 7 CP to somebody else who got the correct answer.)
Thank you! I can do almost the entire tune consistently, but the different part at the end is too difficult to do twice in a row, and as it's at the very end it's also very frustrating when I mess it up. :P The very fast notes are obviously hard, but while doing the very slow notes it curiously becomes harder for me to keep the left hand rhythm steady.

"While I'm working on a big project, here's another Wario Land 3 cover. :) This is quite a lovely one, I think.
I like how I had to jump around with the left hand. :P I trained myself to use the pedal to sustain the last note in those melodies where necessary, but on this piano that exhausted my leg, and this piano has so much reverb that I didn't really need to sustain it anyway.
In case you didn't know, the Wario Land 3 soundtrack was composed by Kozue Ishikawa.
I hope you enjoyed my performance. :)

A research question (unless you know already): be the first person to post the correct answer to the following question in the comments to earn 7 CP: what is the original name of the person you see at the very beginning of the video? (I don't mean Wario :P)"

"While I'm working on a big project, here's another Wario Land 3 cover. :) This is quite a lovely one, I think.
I like how I had to jump around with the left hand. :P I trained myself to use the pedal to sustain the last note in those melodies where necessary, but on this piano that exhausted my leg, and this piano has so much reverb that I didn't really need to sustain it anyway.
In case you didn't know, the Wario Land 3 soundtrack was composed by Kozue Ishikawa.
I hope you enjoyed my performance. :)

A research question (unless you know already): be the first person to post the correct answer to the following question in the comments to earn 7 CP: what is the original name of the person you see at the very beginning of the video? (I don't mean Wario :P)"

Really beautiful. Sounds even more touching when played on the piano.

Reactions: 607
Back