A long time ago...

Yikes Spike

Not related with Wreck it Ralph.
A long time ago, before I even went further about the Super Mario games, there was these:

So what do you think? Old media that you remember thread?

Oh wow, it's depressing how much better the Cartoon Network flash games are compared to their disc based counterparts...

The first one posted also looks a bit like a Billy and Mandy themed version of Donkey Kong Country, which is pretty neat.

But myself? Depends what you mean. For TV shows and stuff, I still remember the likes of Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Dexter's Laboratory, Fairly Odd Parents, etc. Used to watch a lot of shows on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon when I was younger...

And for games? Well, I used to play a bunch of Mario flash games at one point. Stuff like this:

Or:

Super Mario 63 too. That game was pretty awesome. Either way, I didn't used to know that you could get decent Mario fan games on PC, so the only ones I played were crappy flash ones on PC and Nintendo's official ones on consoles.

Oh wow, it's depressing how much better the Cartoon Network flash games are compared to their disc based counterparts...

The first one posted also looks a bit like a Billy and Mandy themed version of Donkey Kong Country, which is pretty neat.

But myself? Depends what you mean. For TV shows and stuff, I still remember the likes of Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Dexter's Laboratory, Fairly Odd Parents, etc. Used to watch a lot of shows on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon when I was younger...

And for games? Well, I used to play a bunch of Mario flash games at one point. Stuff like this:

Or:

Super Mario 63 too. That game was pretty awesome. Either way, I didn't used to know that you could get decent Mario fan games on PC, so the only ones I played were crappy flash ones on PC and Nintendo's official ones on consoles.

Dude, every school lunchtime for me. Every one. Back then I had no easy way of getting the Mario games I wanted to play, so for a long time, SMB3 was elusive for me, even.

This was of course before I discovered emulators. And an actually good game shop moved into town. And I started earning money.

I played the shit out of miniclip games up until i figured out how to operate emulators

----

i'm reminded the cartoons i watched as a kid were mostly garbage

(jesus christ monsters by mistake is even uglier than i remember)

I played the shit out of miniclip games up until i figured out how to operate emulators

----

Wow, your cartoon childhood memories are too obscure even for TV Tropes!

I didn't really like anything that no one else knew. I lived off those crappy Disney sitcoms. I could watch them all day. Mostly for the theme songs.

Yeah. I thought that was good comedy. As for games:

I LOVED Need for Speed games. I've played every one of them made by Black Box (AKA the good ones), but just grew up with those three. Nowadays, the only one I still think is as good as it was when I was younger is Most Wanted.

I did enjoy some local sitcoms, though

Radio Enfer was a sitcom about dysfunctional crétins trying to manager an high-school radio. As you can see from the embed below, it is a serious contender for most 90's thing ever.

Dans une galaxie près de chez vous was a sci-fi comedy about a crew of canadian spacenauts attempting to find an hospitable planet, and was cult enough to spawn two theatrical movies after it ended (2nd one wasn't so good, though...). I've heard it called the Québec version of Red Dwarf, but I never watched that.

Or:

Oh yeah lets not forget those, especially the ones you usually find in newgrounds a long with the runchy animations.

----

Wow, your cartoon childhood memories are too obscure even for TV Tropes!

I remember miniclip, they had cheap games and some of them were about George Bush, pixeled puzzle games done by a third-party british website, and for some reason they also had actual clips from shows like the Looney Tunes and Adrenalini Brothers (the early ones). But the game that made it popular was Club Penguin, yeah before Disney got involved. But the one that caught my interest was a game that looked exactly a Metal Slug copy, even they keep the guro and traced the frames so the animation would look smooth as usual, the only difference is you had to use the famous WASD+mouse so you could feel like its a first person shooter.

Let's not forget:
(SFW)
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/245402
This piece of flash introduced me into the "Wario-Zone" or I think it was Mario Kart 64 the first time I've seen Wario... Shall we make a new thread where we explain how we met the Mario games?
work_it_with_wario_by_newsupergavin-d46o8sy.png

Back