Advice

Mother Teresa said:
People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
Winnie-the-Pooh said:
You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
Fei Long said:
The limits you feel are all in your head. Ignore them!
Scrooge McDuck said:
Work smarter, not harder.
King Hehehe said:
Never trust a person with anything sharper than their own wit.
Mewtwo said:
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

If were gonna get deep, I often like to fall back on this advice here-

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

Thats an important piece of advice for me : p

tumblr_nwiqkydCHx1tqy30to1_1280.jpg

Everyone could use a little advice for a work-out​

The part about the air conditioner sounds unnecessary, since it has nothing to so with personal fitness and could in fact endanger you if your body cannot regulate its temperature well enough. But, uh, the rest is something you can shoot for over time, I guess.

If you were a fan or even watched the show/book you'll know that the air conditioner played a huge role in this, having no heat in the winter or no wind in the summer strengthened the mind.

No matter how hot it is, no matter how cold you are. You never use the A.C. Never take just even the smallest break, you DO NOT turn that son of a bitch on!

You make sure you have the heart and soul of gold, the mind is the strongest. Without it you cannot focus, you can not throw punches as fast.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.

--Sun Tzu

Thats advice we could use in our daily lives, yeah : p

A friend of mine once told me when I started to learn bass to not play quietly, to turn up my bass and be a prominent player in the group. I listened to that advice, yeah : p

"You don't hate, you just don't like it as much." - Helped me appreciate things and people around me.
"Words don't describe a person." - I believe I never missed describing a person correctly before they even say anything important.
"Never regret things you never did." - No one every thinks this is true, but I had times when it has been true.

"Words don't describe a person."
Not in one's entirety, anyway. People are by nature too complex for language to adequately describe in full detail, although it is possible to make some general statements about someone.
"Never regret things you never did."
In a sense, I can see what this one means. You shouldn't dwell on what could have happened, but didn't. It'll often make you feel worse, for no practical reason. Instead, think about reality. And, I mean, it's still good to consider the possibilities so that you have a better understanding of how to handle similar instances in the future, but if you let it eat at your conscience despite never having happened, that's taking it a bit too hard.
Now, if it means that you shouldn't regret not doing something, that's something else entirely. I certainly have some regrets regarding past inaction.

Not in one's entirety, anyway. People are by nature too complex for language to adequately describe in full detail, although it is possible to make some general statements about someone.

You got it right, however, the phrase is a rough translation of portuguese, and it ment that you can't describe anyone by listening to what they say, only by how they say it.

In a sense, I can see what this one means. You shouldn't dwell on what could have happened, but didn't. It'll often make you feel worse, for no practical reason. Instead, think about reality. And, I mean, it's still good to consider the possibilities so that you have a better understanding of how to handle similar instances in the future, but if you let it eat at your conscience despite never having happened, that's taking it a bit too hard.
Now, if it means that you shouldn't regret not doing something, that's something else entirely. I certainly have some regrets regarding past inaction.

It's a weird one, honestly... I would say if you decided not to do something you don't know the outcome of, well, you'll never know, end of story, don't overthink it.

You got it right, however, the phrase is a rough translation of portuguese, and it ment that you can't describe anyone by listening to what they say, only by how they say it.
I see. This is actually a really interesting quote. I still wouldn't fully agree, since what a person says is still an effective indicator of one's knowledge and views, but the way a person speaks does say a lot about the type of person they are. I'll certainly have to keep this one in mind.
I would say if you decided not to do something you don't know the outcome of, well, you'll never know, end of story, don't overthink it.
Generally, I suppose I have to agree. Like I said, it's alright to consider the likelihoods so that you're more prepared if such a thing happens again, but you should never take it too seriously. Dwelling on possibilities of past actions will only take your attention away from the present.

I see. This is actually a really interesting quote. I still wouldn't fully agree, since what a person says is still an effective indicator of one's knowledge and views, but the way a person speaks does say a lot about the type of person they are. I'll certainly have to keep this one in mind.

Yeah, it tought me a lot. I'm the type of person to create your full profile just by looking at you for a minute or two. I only miss around 5% of the time, and I met a good amount of people. I don't say anything though, I just act accordingly. I certainly helped a lot of people thanks to that. I wonder how many people are like that too, I never really met many people with that "sensitivity".

Back