Am I the only one who doesn't want any other Wario characters in Smash?

warelander

Some random guy online
I know not a lot of people are going to agree with that, I'l try to make it short.

It's no secret that Wario and his franchise have been treated like complete and utter garbage in this series and it is also no secret that this series managed to fuck up and bastardize Wario in ways previously thought of as unimaginable, special mention goes to this cutscene:

It's borderlone amazing how they managed to strip him from everything that made him likable and fun to begin with and turned him into the most generic evil villain imaginable (who also farts all of the time and walks like Mr Game & Watch because fuck you that's why).

So I have to ask: if they can't even get Wario right, who is to say that they can't find a way to bastardize the Ware cast?
The "creative" freedom is certainly there.

Some might call this overreacting, but quite frankly I don't care anywhere near enough for Super Fart Suckers Smash Bros to take this risk, Smash's influence reaches very far unfortunatly and there is a big risk that their Smash potrayals would be carried over into other games and if they happen to be bad than weeeell...

At least the Wario plattformer characters are safe, they could be the most requested characters in the entire universe and still won't get in, because Sakurai seems to hate those games with every fiber of his soul.

I don't mind if we don't get new Wario characters (personally, I'd rather have K Rool and Ridley over just about anyone else), but I would definitely love it if a Wario character was included, just because it might help our fandom get a bit more well known.

But... it could go the other way. They could get a good treatment instead! For example, what if Mona was portrayed like this? d;)

Guys? Guys...? Don't look at me like that. ;_;

But... it could go the other way. They could get a good treatment instead! For example, what if Mona was portrayed like this? d;)

Guys? Guys...? Don't look at me like that. ;_;
I don't trust that link enough and my curiosity is driving me up the wall and round the block.
EDIT: Could've been worse haha.

The third suggestion for Mona Warioware in Google is Mona Warioware Hot so yeahhhhh.

What's the context for that video anyway? Wario's not sadistic. He might do some bad things for money but I don't think he'd take that much joy in them.

You also have to consider that this is the same series that thinks that farting is the main draw of Wario's character.
At that point it's a safe assumption that the team behind it has no grasp on how the character is supposed to act.
It just amazes me that he ended up THIS awful, I gotta admit: that's impressive in a really pathetic sense.

Back