Any other platformers like the Wario Land series?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Ones with ostly minimum difficulty (outside of collecting everything), few or no bottomless pits, fairly large levels with lots to find and do, a decent amount of gimmicks, etc?

Because let's face it, almost every indie platformer and fan game seems to be designed with 'punishing difficulty' as its key feature, and it seems depressingly rare to come across one not inspired by the 1980s and 'Nintendo Hard' stylings.

So yeah, any others? Are there any other fairly easy 2D platformer series where the focus isn't on dying every few minutes?

I remember Shantae: Risky's Revenge reminding me of Wario Land 4 in its artstyle and environments, and somewhat in its gameplay. I don't recall it being punishingly hard either.

Edit: oh, and the main antagonist was a pirate lady.

As implied before with the fact there's a fucking bootleg denoting Wario Land, Puggsy on the Mega Drive is somewhat similar to Wario Land in some ways. I recommend it regardless but particularly to people who like the puzzle side to the Wario Land games.

As implied before with the fact there's a fucking bootleg denoting Wario Land, Puggsy on the Mega Drive is somewhat similar to Wario Land in some ways. I recommend it regardless but particularly to people who like the puzzle side to the Wario Land games.
That does look pretty fun!

That does look pretty fun!
It really is! Give it a play if you get the chance, there's an incredible amount of things to discover in the game. I'm sure anyone who likes Wario Land games for their exploration aspects would get a kick out of it C:

Reactions: 607
Back