Appreciation and Discussion Thread for the Ware characters (outside of Ashley)

So... when will we get this Mona back?
Mona_WarioWare_Mega_Microgames.png

The last time we saw her this way was in Smooth Moves for only a few secs and this is the best Mona outfit IMO.

I like the new Fujiko Mona tbqh

It really does capture her personality and character.

That's exactly why I love this outfit. This is what made her, how I see it, stand out of the rest of her appearances. The new Mona costume for WW Gold looks a bit like this, but for some reason it seems as if they avoided being it too similar to this one, but that's just my thought on it.

Here's a list of how some of the WarioWare characters got their name or some interesting facts about their names:

Dr. Crygor: His name comes from cryogenic, meaning involving extremely low temperatures.

Jimmy T.: His and his family's full last name is Thang. This is referenced only in Touched, when he says ¨Do your thang!¨

9-Volt is named after the operation voltage of the NES, 9 volts direct current.

5-Volt: The operation voltage of USB devices. She's named 5-Watt in Japan.

18-Volt: Common voltage for battery-operated tools. Not sure what this has to do with Gaming, but most likely they chose this name to emphasize that he's much taller than 9-Volt

13-Amp: She's named after the rated max current of fuses inside British power plugs.

Kat and Ana: Their names combined gives Katana. But I'm sure most of you already knew that. You can keep them apart by looking at their hairstyles: KAt has one tail in her hair, Ana has two.

Mike: Derived from microphone. Pretty obvious.

Fronk: Was originally called Shag, but this was changed after Mega Microgames because of its double meaning in British English.

Fronk: Was originally called Shag, but this was changed after Mega Microgames because of its double meaning in British English.
Why didn't they just change it to Shaggy? Or is that still offensive? If so, does that mean they don't air Scooby Doo in britain? :STongue:

My headcanon is that fronk is the name of the species and Shag/Shaggy is the name of that individual Fronk that 9-Volt had.

Why didn't they just change it to Shaggy? Or is that still offensive? If so, does that mean they don't air Scooby Doo in britain? :STongue:

My headcanon is that fronk is the name of the species and Shag/Shaggy is the name of that individual Fronk that 9-Volt had.

Maybe they thought people wouldn't take a character seriously if they had the same name as the guy from Scooby Doo.

Eh, I don't know.

WW Gold made it clear that 9-Volt's fronk is called Fronk, after his species. But it might be possible that Shag was not the Fronk we see in Gold, but another one. Fronk said he was old when he just turned 1, so they don't have a long lifespan.

Maybe they thought people wouldn't take a character seriously...
Oh yeah, wouldn't want anyone to think THIS guy -> :fronk: isn't a serious character.

WW Gold made it clear that 9-Volt's fronk is called Fronk, after his species. But it might be possible that Shag was not the Fronk we see in Gold, but another one. Fronk said he was old when he just turned 1, so they don't have a long lifespan.
It's a retcon. I don't think they made another pet Fronk character just for the hell of it. But in my head he's still Shag. :S;P:

Back