Ashley cameo in Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus

Which if it was fan fiction, would be seen as laughably stupid and over the top. But no, because it's a published game, it's 'interesting' and 'meaningful' and 'deep'.
I think it's different because she's a side character. She's more part of Mario Galaxy's background story than an active role.
I personally liked her in Galaxy. I think it's creative how she raises the source of all the the universe's suns, moons, planets etc. from birth to adulthood instead of just magic-ing them into existence like most portrayals of a God/Gods.

It bothers me more that she went from a literal deity to just another one of Mario's pals who shows up in everything and can now die for some reason.

I'm not gonna argue whether she's "deep" or anything but I do think that her storybook backstory was very touching and that in Galaxy 1 she was very graceful and majestic and that her overall presentation was really beautiful. That made the whole deity thing a lot more believable.
Right from the start it's apparent that she's no normal human being. But they also didn't shove it in your face like "I AM GOD. ACCEPT IT!"
The whole thing was a lot more subtle and believable than some fanfic.

Eh, I never got god from Rosalina rather then just someone who watches over the Lumas until they can do their thing, but whatevs.

I’m very happy about Ashley making all of these appearences as well, especially since they aren’t anywhere near as obnoxious as Rosalina’s constant appearences in EVERYTHING, seriously with the exeption of the new Mario VS DK, she has been in every new Mario game since 3D World, there is such a thing as overkill ya know, plus I actually like Ashley unlike Rosalina and have been waiting close to 12 years for a Ware character to show up in a Mario game (haven’t we all?), so yeah.

Eh, I never got god from Rosalina rather then just someone who watches over the Lumas until they can do their thing, but whatevs.

I’m very happy about Ashley making all of these appearences as well, especially since they aren’t anywhere near as obnoxious as Rosalina’s constant appearences in EVERYTHING, seriously with the exeption of the new Mario VS DK, she has been in every new Mario game since 3D World, there is such a thing as overkill ya know, plus I actually like Ashley unlike Rosalina and have been waiting close to 12 years for a Ware character to show up in a Mario game (haven’t we all?), so yeah.
Well, Rosalina isn't exactly a god but the equivalent of one.
She has otherworldly powers, is seemingly immortal and she raises the components of the universe.
I'm pretty sure that's the closest thing we'll ever get to a deity in the Mario universe.

Well, Rosalina isn't exactly a god but the equivalent of one.
She has otherworldly powers, is seemingly immortal and she raises the components of the universe.
I'm pretty sure that's the closest thing we'll ever get to a deity in the Mario universe.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Category:Deities

Most deities listed there are irrelevant though, with the exception of the Zeekeeper.

Wait, was the Zeekeeper ever described as a god? I thought of him as a powerful spirit at best. But I haven't played that game in a while.

He was described as a deity. More local to the Pi'illow Kingdom than the Mushroom Kingdom/World in general, though he was powerful enough to blast Bowser's Castle out of the sky near instantly.

He was described as a deity. More local to the Pi'illow Kingdom than the Mushroom Kingdom/World in general, though he was powerful enough to blast Bowser's Castle out of the sky near instantly.
Huh...
I guess he's still different from a more god-like deity. :V
*shrugs*

You just hate Rosalina because she's showing up more frequently? Her addition in 3D World feels somewhat last minute, though. (There's no cutscene for unlocking her) She's basically part of the main Mario cast, at this point.

But still, on the bright side, at least the WarioWare games themselves aren't Ashley-biased. Rhythm Heaven Fever, on the other hand, is incredibly Wrestler-biased. (Or at least its advertising is)

Believe me there are more reasons why I don't like her and I have talked about it in detail in the past, this just happens to be the only reason that is also relevant to the discussion at hand.

There's really no character in the Mario or Wario lineup that I actively dislike (unless you count some of the more obscure ones like the bee queen, Pink Gold Peach or all the goddamn unnecessary babies who really don't deserve to be playable. Ever.).
But what I do have an issue with is when some characters get preferential treatment while others get shafted.
For example (if we assume that Ashley is the only other Wario related character in Mario Maker) 9-Volt would've been perfect for this! Not only are retro games his thing but he's also been portrayed as an 8-bit sprite before (or rather pseudo 8-bit).
I mean come on! It goes without saying!
intro2.jpg
WarioWareDIY_MediaSummit_18--article_image.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
Rhythmware_9volt.jpeg

Meanwhile Ashley gets an assist trophy and another new remix in Smash and now she's in Mario Maker.

But hey, maybe we're lucky and 9-Volt is actually in the game. Or they'll add him and Syrup later....

I can dream, right? ;-;

Last edited:
There's really no character in the Mario or Wario lineup that I actively dislike (unless you count some of the more obscure ones like the bee queen, Pink Gold Peach or all the goddamn unnecessary babies who really don't deserve to be playable. Ever.).
But what I do have an issue with is when some characters get preferential treatment while others get shafted.
For example (if we assume that Ashley is the only other Wario related character in Mario Maker) 9-Volt would've been perfect for this! Not only are retro games his thing but he's also been portrayed as an 8-bit sprite before (or rather pseudo 8-bit).
I mean come on! It goes without saying!
intro2.jpg
WarioWareDIY_MediaSummit_18--article_image.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
Rhythmware_9volt.jpeg

Meanwhile Ashley gets an assist trophy and another new remix in Smash and now she's in Mario Maker.

But hey, maybe we're lucky and 9-Volt is actually in the game. Or they'll add him and Syrup later....

I can dream, right? ;-;

Do we even know the full list of characters/costumes for the game yet?

Because 9 Volt actually seems fairly plausible. At least, if WarioWare gets another rep.

Do we even know the full list of characters/costumes for the game yet?

Because 9 Volt actually seems fairly plausible. At least, if WarioWare gets another rep.
Not all of them, but quite a few regardless:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Costume_Mario
As of now there are more then 60, but less then 70 comfirmed (assuming I didn't miscount), so there is still plenty of space for another Wario character....believe......BELIEVE!

I friggin' wish, no she isn't.

Music games and a Mario Maker costume is not "everything." When she gets a Mii costume for Smash Bros. or she's in the next Mario Tennis/Golf/etc, then we'll talk.

i'm still confident these are indicative of future trends.

especially as the ashley club nintendo reward and that band brother dlc apparently sold well

Back