"Bad games" that you love

Dino D Da. It is like the most unbalanced game every, but it is so much fun to camp with insta kills. You can Google it cause I suck at finding stuff. (By which I mean I'm too lazy.)

45181_front.jpg

no quotation marks in my case, Microcosm on the Sega CD is legitimately a terrible game. I still enjoyed the challenge, boss battles and soundtrack.

Krazy Ivan

2216514-krazy_ivan_box_front.jpg

playstation-59716-41435194618.jpg

A super-weird and experimental mech game by Psygnosis. The premise is that you play as a literally schizophrenic Russian mech pilot who fight mechanical aliens. In gameplay, you can fight generic enemies to farm points and ammo, but the main objective is to destroy all boss mechs (all of which have unique appearances and attack patterns), making it an Alien Soldier-style boss game. The later battles can get very intense and creative, and the game has amusing live-action FMV cutscenes and an excellent soundtrack by the same composer as the first Wipeout.

It's not a game I would actively recommend to people but I really enjoy it.

I dunno what the general opinion was for that Alien Vs. Predator 2 pc game but its like my favourite shooter for some reason, must be nostalgia, or the fact that playing as an alien and recovering health from eating people was pretty cool and edgy for a smol teen like me

also I like Skyward Sword to the point reaching The Imprisoned stage in Hyrule Warriors got to me in a personal level. Forgive me godesses for I have sinned

Krazy Ivan.

That cover art looks terrible alone : p

Oh but Psygnosis? Didnt they make ODT? I liked ODT, I always thought it was neat. Kinda make me think of Shadowman a bit. Nowhere as good : p But I actually did like it.
Haha I miss that era of gaming, it was way neat.

And I also liked Skyward Sword : p Not the greatest LoZ game ever made, but I thought it was a really fun and neat game : p My only complaints were the motion control was lame, and collecting the freaking tears was just all out stressful. Other than that it was way fun though.

Soooooo, Baten Kaitos for Gamecube.

images

1-end01.jpg

baten-kaitos-eternal-wings-and-the-lost-ocean-20041029055057756-000.jpg

66091-Baten_Kaitos_Eternal_Wings-10.jpg

I really liked this game a whole lot, and I often tell people about it, but like everyone looks down on it without even knowing about it, all because of cards. The game was made during a time when card games like Yugioh and Magic the Gathering were really popular, and it used that as a selling point, a large part of the game is collecting and trading cards.

It uses these cards during battle, instead of having a basic "attack defend magic"battle system, you are dealt a hand from your own deck of cards, and have to use them to battle with. It turned alot of people away, and I kinda understand, I actually do not like cards either, and did not really enjoy it when I first tried it. But after letting myself get used to it in order to enjoy the game, not only did I get used to the battle system, I actually ended up really enjoying it a bunch : p

The game itself is extremely pretty and emotional. The story is definitely a love story in the end of the world kinda thing between the two main characters, Kalas and Xehla. It has an emotional storyline, beautiful overworld and amazing music. The whole game is totally amazing and definitely worth having for any Gamecube owner who likes JRPGs. I dont think it deserves the title of "bad game" : p But its definitely not appreciated by many people.

The only people I've heard call DKC3 bad are those who hate the series in general. It's just that its predecessor is considered near-untouchable by many fans of the franchise, and even though it's still an awesome game, DKC2 was a hard act to follow.

I do know that Twilight Princess gets a lot of hate, but it's honestly my favorite of the post-Ocarina 3D Zeldas. I also love Brawl, since I'm not as knowledgeable about Smash mechanics as most and just have casual fun with the series. I even had fun with Subspace Emissary and was bummed that the newest games didn't have an equivalent. (Tripping is stupid though.)

I was a member of a large LoZ fan site and like almost all of my online friends are LoZ nerds, and I have not met anyone who truly hates that game : p

The most Ive seen is it being considered over-rated. It kinda is : p But not much hate.

legitimately a terrible game

Oh hey, I've got another one:

48199_front.jpg

Super Thunder Blade is a disastrous adaptation of an arcade rail shooter that represents everything wrong and evil about early genesis games: framerate in the single-digits, horrendous sprite-scaling, puddle-depth gameplay, and bizarre vertical shmup sequences where you can only move left and right. Still, I somehow enjoy it.

Sega was great for weird games : p I miss Sega.

n64_hexen_p_cj87yz.jpg

Hexen%20(U).png

146247-hexen-beyond-heretic-nintendo-64-screenshot-the-firestorm.png

apparetnly people thought this game was dull and un-original and uncreative. But I remember thinking it was really cool when I first got it : p And I had seen Doom 64 before hand, too : p I thought a medieval version of Doom was really fun and cool : p The game mostly played well, besides some camera issues and problems with the dated 3d graphics engine. But for the most part the game was playable, and felt fun at that time : p

Haha, I knew youd like that game : p

And pffft, youve made it farther than me, then : p I cant get past America : p Its one of my favorite N64 games though, its really great.

Its not really the same, though. Its more like games other people say are bad but you think are great, which is why its titled "bad games" you love : p

Ehh! So many games I have never heard of! Sugoi! I never played any game I can say was "bad"!
I have so much to learn!

Just remember, if you enjoy it that's all that matters. Don't let anyone tell you what you should and should not like. That's the whole point. People make games for enjoyment and entertainment, not to be hated. That's what this thread is all about.

Just remember, if you enjoy it that's all that matters. Don't let anyone tell you what you should and should not like. That's the whole point. People make games for enjoyment and entertainment, not to be hated. That's what this thread is all about.
Hai! I understand completely, Angler-sama, and I do agree with you, video games are made for enjoyment and entertainment! I see the goal of this thread is to show appreciation for unloved games! Everyone needs love, after all, and games too!

Back