Best and Worst Wario Representation in a Spinoff/Crossover Game?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
What games do you think represent the series best, and which one do you think represent them worst and why?

Personally I think the Mario Kart series is sadly quite low on the 'good representation' list, since only Wario has ever been playable there, and the most he's gotten outside the arcade games is a vehicle based on his series. Wario's Shipyard/Galleon might be the only time that franchise has even hinted at his games in track form in general...

Not sure about the best one though...

The best crossover game with Wario representation is Dr. Mario 64. Most of the roster is made of Wario Land enemies. We got to select Rudy and Mad Scienstein. No other Mario game has ever put Wario characters in the roster like this.

Last edited:
Clearly Smash Bros is the best. This move alone captures the entire essence of both Wario Land and WarioWare.
ezgif-3-3712fce648.gif

The best crossover game with Wario representation is Dr. Mario 64. Most of the roster is made of Wario Land enemies. We got to select Rudy and Mad Scienstein. No other Mario game has ever put Wario characters in the roster like this.

Okay that's a REALLY good point. Dr Mario 64 is basically a Wario game in all but name.

This one's easy
Worst representation of Wario: Birds and Beans. Because they stole a warioware game and didn't even represent Wario AT ALL

Best representation of Wario: Wario World. While the fighting games Wario are in do definitely portray him well nothing portrays him as accurately as Wario in Wario World. It showcases his Warioland and Warioware personality. It has mini games in it (even if you don't want it to , like falling and having to spring up always felt like a lil micro game). It has wario land elements like zany bosses and enemies in hyper exaggerated lands. It has warioware flare with settings and how you are to go about killing things or solving puzzles.

This one's easy
Worst representation of Wario: Birds and Beans. Because they stole a warioware game and didn't even represent Wario AT ALL

Best representation of Wario: Wario World. While the fighting games Wario are in do definitely portray him well nothing portrays him as accurately as Wario in Wario World. It showcases his Warioland and Warioware personality. It has mini games in it (even if you don't want it to , like falling and having to spring up always felt like a lil micro game). It has wario land elements like zany bosses and enemies in hyper exaggerated lands. It has warioware flare with settings and how you are to go about killing things or solving puzzles.
Oh Wario World got his personality spot on. That and Wario Land Shake It actually made Wario into the badass he was meant to be, not just a joke character or one with no personality at all.

Oh Wario World got his personality spot on. That and Wario Land Shake It actually made Wario into the badass he was meant to be, not just a joke character or one with no personality at all.
True shake it did nail wario but I feel it made him a little TOO gullible. The Wario I know would never work with Captain Syrup (Unless she invited him out for many races, sports exhibitions, and ninja warrior like party games)

I personally think in smash, wario has a bit too much Warioware representation, and not enough Wario Land representation, that's why I prefer SSF2 and PM Wario, where the bike is a dash attack instead, his main outfit is the classic, and the biker one an alt, the down smash is the ground punch from Shake It, while I do like the original too, I prefer the punch, and PM/Smash Remix sees the dair being replaced with a ground pound, which is either a spike or a meteor smash, idk the difference, although my main complaint is how due to smash, and his down special, he ended up being a fart joke, glad the shake it devs saw Wario for the gigachad he is, even being the origin of what people think of when they think of Wario as a gigachad, throwing queen merelda in the garbage and grabbing the money bag

images (5).jpeg

Fair points TheBakingGamer it would be really awesome to see wario with more of his transformation moveset from wario land but at least he has his big bad arm barge attack. Pretty much every other move is OC to his smashsona. Also it would be great if he had a Wario World moveset thrown into the Wario Land one so he could flip jump out of dashes and his grab could be his jump piledriver. That move was always epic.

Wario definitely has too much of a WarioWare focus in his Smash Bros moveset. Makes me wonder how different it would have been if he'd been added in Melee instead, where his inspiration would have been Wario Land 1-3 and spinoffs.

Wario definitely has too much of a WarioWare focus in his Smash Bros moveset. Makes me wonder how different it would have been if he'd been added in Melee instead, where his inspiration would have been Wario Land 1-3 and spinoffs.
I hadn't even considered that, you're right, they really would have had no warioware wario to work off
I wish he had been in N64 tbh I know they had Yoshi, Bowser, DK, Mario, Luigi but I honestly thought they would have all of their maincast flagship characters (Peach/Daisy alt, Wario, Waluigi as a Luigi alt, and Toad cause he's playable in SMB3)
Here's a vid I saw a while back, showing that hypothetical.
Holy shit I actually love this (except the nuetral special and down special)
I would have nuetral special based off: Electric wario because ice wario is pushed to go a direction and doesn't dodge back as this person claims. Rather electric wario DOES dodge back.

I would have down special based off: Literally anything else, pancake wario has very little battle prowess. In my mind though zombie wario or vampire wario would do best here and could be a sort of counter move for wario.

If vampire wario is used in the air wario could become a bat and fall slower. On the ground he could activate this at the right time to counter (which is my same idea with the zombie) as both of these forms passively kill all enemies around wario in wario land games.

WHAT WOULD A MASTER OF DISGUISE SMASH WARIO LOOK LIKE? Cause Imo Master of Disguise wario has the most battle prowess (as he has the most control over his powers AND can shoot projectiles)

Last edited:
WHAT WOULD A MASTER OF DISGUISE SMASH WARIO LOOK LIKE? Cause Imo Master of Disguise wario has the most battle prowess (as he has the most control over his powers AND can shoot projectiles)
I think it could be kinda like toro in playstation all stars, or pokemon trainer, or Zelda and sheik pre-sm4sh, where a certain attack could change disguise, like use nair for sparky, fair for genius, dair for dragon, bair for cosmic, uair for wicked, captain in water, and goes back to thief with a taunt, like kirby does, and add some WMOD music, like the Poobah/Ka-Bloom/Lavachomper/Stuffy battle theme, or Cannoli's battle theme, I think his Final smash could use all of the disguises, shoulder bash, zap them, draw a block on their head, shock them, missile them, burn them, shock them, punch them, and pick them up and drop them.

I think it could be kinda like toro in playstation all stars, or pokemon trainer, or Zelda and sheik pre-sm4sh, where a certain attack could change disguise, like use nair for sparky, fair for genius, dair for dragon, bair for cosmic, uair for wicked, captain in water, and goes back to thief with a taunt, like kirby does, and add some WMOD music, like the Poobah/Ka-Bloom/Lavachomper/Stuffy battle theme, or Cannoli's battle theme, I think his Final smash could use all of the disguises, shoulder bash, zap them, draw a block on their head, shock them, missile them, burn them, shock them, punch them, and pick them up and drop them.
You that would be really interesting. Much more intersting that what I was thinking of: Basically his moves just all transform him on the spot. (but after the move he would poof back into theif wario instantly)
Your mechanic sounds AMAZING.
In theif wario form he could be more nimble than others but since he cannonically has NO attacks all of his moves would just have to be what he transforms into's moveset so it would still have that transform on the spot thing I'm thinking of where the animation happens very fast. Maybe its also covered up by the puff of smoke seen in the game.

Sparky could be like pikachu/wario with ness's Bup, pika Bdwn, shoot a wolfe gun when side b, charge up to shoot the three bolts like in the game with regular b, if in air b shoots a bolt below and side be shoots it diagonally down.

Genius: fights with nonlethal gag/slapstick weapons but with a technological twist in his A set and are fast execution: boxing glove extender, mechanical giant mallet that folds out from nothing but also looks plush, fake gun that hits the person with the click flag, weighted tailcoat (bair), and other weapons I boosted from the joker. B moves would have to do with invisibility (maybe even making weapons invisible) or stunning the opponent at risk of long charge rate, with a helicopter hat for Bup.

Wicked: Since wicked wario cannonically doesn't fight at all he could just be a floaty wario with wario land moveset except maybe all his B moves are wing based (metaknight B moveset)

Captain: Has a sub he can pull out with B but has the same A moves as the wario land moveset outside the sub.

Dragon: Bowser/k-rool hybrid moveset

Cosmic: A tank version of fox/falco/wolf, B down charges a thruster that looks like wario is farting and exhausts hitting on either side. Bup is jet pack.

Arty: Sits still/paints and things around him happen carrying a stool, paintbrush, and canvas if hit into the air. A moveset involves smashing a canvas, or stool into people or splashing them at short range with paint that does burn damage, or freezes, or electricutes. Bup warp door is created beneath wario and he warps upward and after a time the doors both fall, can be used as platform by others or can fall on them doing damage. Bdwn, side, and b all paint something after different lengths of charge but if it isn't charged enough it still paints a poorly drawn poo on the enemy that can damage them to different effects. (lol)

I WOULDNT CHANGE THAT FINAL SMASH AT ALL SOUNDS DANK LMAO.

Last edited:
Maybe arty could be accessed through a taunt too, and just like pokemon trainer has different victory screens depending on which pokemon was in the fight when it ended, disguise wario could be the same, like for example, as thief wario, he could laugh like he does in game, or for arty wario, he could draw the door, turn into thief wario, make Ws with his hands, and walk into the door

And maybe include some world representation, including voice clips (eg. get outta here, EGGSALAD, I'ma number wahn), and I can only think of the up throw where wicked wario picks the opponent up and drops them like in the final smash, maybe dthrow could be the pile driver

Last edited:
Maybe arty could be accessed through a taunt too, and just like pokemon trainer has different victory screens depending on which pokemon was in the fight when it ended, disguise wario could be the same, like for example, as thief wario, he could laugh like he does in game, or for arty wario, he could draw the door, turn into thief wario, make Ws with his hands, and walk into the door

And maybe include some world representation, including voice clips (eg. get outta here, EGGSALAD, I'ma number wahn), and I can only think of the up throw where wicked wario picks the opponent up and drops them like in the final smash, maybe dthrow could be the pile driver
The voice lines are a must B)
But that alternating transformation sequence based on who is transformin is GENIUS! Would be one of the zaniest and most overly animated characters in smash. The antithesis to Mr Game and Watch.

Back