Captain Syrup > Waluigi - Full Analytical Article

I tought that this was about how Syrup could become a fantastic character for spin-offs, instead of have a "void" character that was created to fulfill a space "needed" in a game. I think that the problem here is that most of people actually don't understand the main topic: "Syrup deserves more", instead of that, people here only grab the part of "...better than waluigi" and start feel offended and "HEY WALUIGI IS ACTUALLY COOL BECAUSE MY HEADCANON". There's nothing bad in how you like, what you like, and why you like a character, likes are likes, and likes are very subjetive, but that doesn't apply when we are talking about how bad a character concept is, applying certain standards.

I like how the points in favor to syrup are extremely objective, and the Waluigi ones are subjective.

I tought that this was about how Syrup could become a fantastic character for spin-offs, instead of have a "void" character that was created to fulfill a space "needed" in a game. I think that the problem here is that most of people actually don't understand the main topic: "Syrup deserves more", instead of that, people here only grab the part of "...better than waluigi" and start feel offended and "HEY WALUIGI IS ACTUALLY COOL BECAUSE MY HEADCANON". There's nothing bad in how you like, what you like, and why you like a character, likes are likes, and likes are very subjetive, but that doesn't apply when we are talking about how bad a character concept is, applying certain standards.

I like how the points in favor to syrup are extremely objective, and the Waluigi ones are subjective.

You know nobody here is missing the point of the thread, heck everyone here is agreeing that Waluigi is a lazy character and that Syrup does indeed deserve more, it's just that several here still like Waluigi for various reasons and while those reasons are indeed subjective the matter of whether or not one enjoys a character is inherently subjective and it's understandable that people would get a little defensivly over a thread with bump post where it's pretty much stated that liking this one character means that you don't have any taste at all.

Nobody is trying to make a case that Waluigi is better then Syrup, because objetivly speaking he really isn't, it just that people (or I at least) are having more of an issue with claims such as "everyone who dares to like Waluigi doesn't care about Wario's legacey" or that your personal subjective opinion isn't worth much, nobody here is disagreeing with the arguments brought up, it's the tone that comes of as uneccessarily brash.

You know nobody here is missing the point of the thread, heck everyone here is agreeing that Waluigi is a lazy character and that Syrup does indeed deserve more, it's just that several here still like Waluigi for various reasons and while those reasons are indeed subjective the matter of whether or not one enjoys a character is inherently subjective and it's understandable that people would get a little defensivly over a thread with bump post where it's pretty much stated that liking this one character means that you don't have any taste at all.

Nobody is trying to make a case that Waluigi is better then Syrup, because objetivly speaking he really isn't, it just that people (or I at least) are having more of an issue with claims such as "everyone who dares to like Waluigi doesn't care about Wario's legacey" or that your personal subjective opinion isn't worth much, nobody here is disagreeing with the arguments brought up, it's the tone that comes of as uneccessarily brash.

Yeah, nobody in the thread. On Tumblr where the article was published, however, that's not the case. People lost their shit over nothing more than criticism of Waluigi there, so Bowz's comment applies to that.

Back