Christmas With Mister W: A Wario-Land-Style Chiptune Album!

Sloopygoop

Game Boy Music Maker
Announcing a full-length album of Wario flavored Game Boy goodness! It's been lovingly crafted as an imaginary soundtrack album in the style of Wario's 8-bit Game Boy titles. There's lots and lots of Easter eggs (and Jingle Bells, lots and lots of Jingle Bells).

Here's the story I wrote for the (non-existent) game:

Everyone's favorite creepy, stinky, garlic-eating, maybe-plumber is back! He's going to face off against possessed toys, brainwashed elves, killer trees, and more until he puts the cringe back in Christmas. And he just might save it along the way!

It's Christmas Eve and nobody in the kingdom is happy. That's because "Good" King Worcestershire Sauce has taken everything from them. Rumor has it he's even keeping Santa from making spirits bright.

But the richest, most selfish person in the land sounds like the perfect target for a certain greedy treasure-hunter...

Hope you all enjoy!

Cute. :)
[Jingle] Boss is really clever. :)
Might listen to the rest later, it's really not bad! And I'm enjoying the references. ;)
Edit: I quite like Polar Bear Cave! Is it based on something that I can't place, or is it mostly original?
Edit 2: I did continue listening! I love the way you did the sound effects in the present cutscene. :D It seemed a strange choice to me at first, considering voice synthesis is built into LSDj, but of course what you did sounds much more like what you might expect from an actual game. :)
Edit 3: Heyy, I think I hear a VB Wario Land reference. ;)

Last edited:
Back