Could the legend of El Dorado have been the inspiration for the Golden Pyramid?

Just a Wario Fan

The ίςε cream aficionado
While watching the Wario Land 4 intro clip just for fun, I came up with this ¨video game theory¨ of mine: Is the Golden Pyramid inspired by the legend of El Dorado?

For those who don’t know, the legend of El Dorado was a legend about a city entirely made of gold deep in the Amazon jungle, and was heavily sought after from the 16th to 18th century by the Spanish conquistadores and other explorers who ventured deep into this then-unknown territory, often to never be seen again.

A ¨pyramid discovered deep in jungle¨ that is entirely made of gold, doesn’t that sound a lot like this legend? Because that was what I thought. Especially interesting is how the Pyramid has, on the outside at least, an American architectural style, rather than the style of a traditional Egyptian pyramid.

Probably. The idea of a lost city made of gold likely came from that legend, and it's inspired a lot of works of fiction. Wouldn't be surprising if Wario Land 4's developers took the idea from there.

Going out of topic after only 2 posts. Must be a new record.

Well for direct inspiration the movie El Dorado is based on this legend, while for WL4 it could be it could be not it could just be a huge coincidence since we've seen that sort of thing in various media plus you can't deny Chel is thicc tbqhf.

Back