[Fan Content] Create WarioWare DIY instruments Tier List

tahutoa

Has "it." Fragile musician. Odd, means well.
SquishyPixelz has just created a Tier List for all the WarioWare DIY Music Maker instruments:
:8bitwariodance: https://tiermaker.com/create/warioware-diy-musicmaker-instruments-15138406 :8bitwariodance:

I wish I could accurately tell which symbols meant what, because I'm certain I've heard every single sample before messing around with Twisted. To my surprise, a lot of Mario Paint instruments seem to be in there, although I don't think they're the same samples.

Reply with caps of your tier list :dudeinundies:

Haven't made a tier list, but based on a video* I may have identified the Mario Paint symbols as follows:

• coin: piano
  • heart: bass
  • Shy Guys: string pad
  • boats: closed hihat tapped
  • mushroom: low, pounding sound
  • Game Boy: synth lead
  • pig: synth lead countermelody
  • cat: idem?
  • star: ?
  • car: synth organ lead
  • Boo: accent sound
  • Baby Yoshi: ?
  • goose: orch hit
  • smiley: choir aah
I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, and I'm not sure if any of this is actually correct either; I have never played Mario Paint, and it's been a long time that I have played Do it Yourself, so I may look into that as well.

*this I'm Blue cover:

Haven't made a tier list bruh, but based on a video I may have identified the Mario Paint symbols as follows:

• coin: piano
  • heart: bass
  • Shy Guys: string pad this one's the choir pad
  • boats: closed hihat tapped if I remember right, it's also the snare drum below a certain note
  • mushroom: low, pounding sound that would be a Tom
  • Game Boy: synth lead
  • pig: synth lead countermelody the pig makes oinking sounds in MP, but maybe it's as you say for DIY.
  • cat: idem? what does that stand for? also the cats meow
  • star: ? in MP, it's a glockenspiel
  • car: synth organ lead
  • Boo: accent sound the boos I think are the string pad
  • Baby Yoshi: ? Technically that's also Orch Hit, just with pitch bend events
  • goose: orch hit
  • smiley: choir aah they make some kind of "aa-uh?" sound
I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, and I'm not sure if any of this is actually correct either; I have never played Mario Paint, and it's been a long time that I have played Do it Yourself, so I may look into that as well.
I need to give it another look, see if I can figure out what the hell I'm doing in that game... at least to where I can unlock the music maker (if it's locked to start with, that is. I don't remember finding it when I first tried it out at Christmas)

what does that stand for?

The word idem simply means "as mentioned directly before / above", for example when quickly making notes:

• Wario: Garlic bread
  • Mona: Parfait
  • Dribble: Sandwich
  • Spitz: idem
  • Young Cricket: Dumplings
Technically that's also Orch Hit, just with pitch bend events
That seems a bit doubtful, since there's only one hit in the entire composition, at 2:05, well after the Yoshis, which seem to hardly make any sound anyway. Either that, or it's just too silent and hence unsuitable for this cover.

The word idem simply means "as mentioned directly before / above", for example when quickly making notes:

• Wario: Garlic bread
  • Mona: Parfait
  • Dribble: Sandwich
  • Spitz: idem
  • Young Cricket: Dumplings
So it's not an abbreviation, then? It's a word called "idem?"
That seems a bit doubtful, since there's only one hit in the entire composition, at 2:05, well after the Yoshis, which seem to hardly make any sound anyway. Either that, or it's just too silent and hence unsuitable for this cover.
The Yoshi sound effect in Mario World is the Orchestra Hit sample with pitch bend on it. In Mario Paint, it's a new recording made from audio footage of Mario World.

Back