Do you have an amiibo collection?

Did you manage to get her, SurrealBrain? I wasn't scheduled to work that day. Even though I got there within an hour of the store opening they had already all sold out. :( The good news is that there will (most likely) be a second Rosalina figure released as part of the Super Mario line for use in Mario Party 10.

warelander, if you really want Mega Man, be prepared to wait in line. He came out at TRU on 2/13 and sold out within minutes of the store opening. Some stores didn't even have any left after fulfilling pre-orders. Target (who is selling wave 3B online only) and Amazon have already sold out. He comes out at GameStop, Walmart, and Best Buy on Friday 2/20. Note that he is not street dated at GameStop so if he arrives before then he can be sold before Friday.

Sadly, no. In fact, the employee there said they ran out before I even got there. Still, if nothing else, I might get the Mario Party 10 version. Of course, I might take the route of my brother and just import mine from Japan if I'm impatient.

As for Mega Man...I definitely have plans, especially since it'd cost way less than the $80 Mega Man figure I saw at a comic-con.

Last edited:
warelander, if you really want Mega Man, be prepared to wait in line. He came out at TRU on 2/13 and sold out within minutes of the store opening. Some stores didn't even have any left after fulfilling pre-orders. Target (who is selling wave 3B online only) and Amazon have already sold out. He comes out at GameStop, Walmart, and Best Buy on Friday 2/20. Note that he is not street dated at GameStop so if he arrives before then he can be sold before Friday.
Thanks for trying to give me advice, but here in austria where I life it's much easier to get any specific Amiibo, I could just go to my local Game Stop or electronic shop and pick up a Marth or Rosalina, I'm actually suprised that those are considerd hard to get elsewhere, especially in Marths case since they had those lying around here since they were released.

So jealous, warelander! I think part of the problem has been issues with imports arriving on the west coast of the United States starting as far back as Nov. of last year. There are a lot fewer workers working the cranes/moving the crates that come off the ships, due at least in part to organized unions. Good luck on your future hunts, SurrealBrain.

Just came back from my local Game Stop and well:

20150217_115842-1.jpg

Easily my most sought after Amiibo, he is getting a special place on my shelf.

If I ever get both Sonic and Mega Man, I'd want to put them next to each other, if only because Smash isn't even the first time they met.

In the meantime, though, while this was a while ago, I did get some more amiibos. Fox and Toon Link.

-Luigi (Smash Bros.)
-Peach (Smash Bros.)
-Yoshi (Smash Bros)
-Donkey Kong (Smash Bros.)
-Kirby
-Mario (Smash Bros.)
-Diddy Kong
-Samus
-Bowser (Smash Bros.)
-Fox
-Toon Link

As it turns out, my brother and sister decided to be nice and get me Sonic and Mega Man amiibos for making my brother's own search for amiibos a little easier. He lamented that he'd have to drive quite far from home to get the store exclusives before I reminded him that those stores had websites.

I'd have to go to their place and pick them up, which won't be until Saturday due to work, but it's something they didn't have to do at all.

However, I already ordered a Mega Man amiibo by the time I learned of this, and it's already on its way here. Oh well, I can still give the one coming in the mail to someone...I think I know a few people who might like one of their own.

Triple post. :p

Well, I can update the post.

Got Sonic, Mega Man and Pikachu. Put Sonic and Mega Man in the front of the collection thus far.

I'll have to try importing for the harder-to-get amiibos.

I've got Kirby, but I've barely used him. The idea of a smash friend is novel, but it's just another CPU to me. Mario Kart 8 is a bonus, but I'm not a fan of the costume. Hyrule Warriors don't make me laugh. Mario Party 10 is massive on-disk DLC, and while the boards have nice details I'm not a fan of the toy aesthetic and I know it's been said a bunch but they're all linear. Captain Toad don't make me laugh.

Amiibo haven't been doing well for me. I hope they get it together.

I hope you disagree with me. :)

I went to Meijer today after seeing Mad Max (not sure what to make of that film, BTW), and saw a Wario amiibo.

Snagged him. Whether or not I got him, he wouldn't be there tomorrow. However, he wasn't the only amiibo I got today.

Before seeing Mad Max, I went to GameStop and Splatoon amiibo were obtained. But my most shocking one; I got a Silver Mario amiibo. Decided if I didn't get it right there and then, I wouldn't get it period.

I spent waaay too much today.

EDIT: Here's a photo. Lovely kitchen, I know. Trust me, though, it doesn't look anywhere near this yellow in real life.
DpK4mEc.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that green squid amiibo...

The only way to get that one in Germany is to buy the special edition...which was sold out everywhere I went ONE DAY BEFORE ITS RELEASE. >_>
So I had to order one on amazon (I was lucky to get to order one before they got super expensive).
But since I didn't want to wait several days for the special edition to play Splatoon I also bought a normal copy and I'll sell the one in the special edition...

The things you do for amiibos...

Back