Do you think any interesting unreleased Wario games will ever be leaked?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
In the same way as that 'super donkey' demo or that Pokemon MMORPG mentioned in the recent gigaleak?

We did see some stuff for Wario Land 4, but it wasn't much, and it didn't really have enough of the game/source code for us to find any truly interesting content.

So what do you think? Could we one day see some interesting unreleased Wario games get leaked/revealed by leaks? And if so, what could they be?

Hard to tell, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility. Wario Land in particular may have some surprising content in store for us.

or that Pokemon MMORPG mentioned in the recent gigaleak

Makes me wonder: will we ever see a MMORPG of a Mario-based francise? Because even though I never played MMORPGs, I will totally give such a game a try, and the concept doesn't seem too far off when you consider the Mario series focus on both online (mobile) gaming in recent years, plus a lot of new stuff for the traditional Mario RPG lover lately as well.

But back to the topic: yes, it might very well be possible, but I wouldn't expect anything too spectacular. Surprising stuff, maybe, but nothing too earth-shattering.

Imagine if that one Mario Land VB title ever got leaked. It probably wouldn't have much, but I'd love to see it's contents in higher quality. Wario was apparently going to be the main villain of it, much like SML2.

As cool as it would be to see the likes of VB Mario Land and what not get leaked out for all to see. I think it’s far more likely that a prototype of an existing game will leak out than some mysterious unreleased Wario game that the public’s eyes aren’t meant to see.

Last edited:
I personally would love to see old prototypes of WL4. I have a feeling that game was going to be a metroidvania follow-up to WL3, but it was probably changed due to multiple reasons, such as Metroid getting 2 GBA games.
I believe this to be a possibility because aside from this scrapped gif WarioKey::WL4 gave Wario a new move that is pretty damn similar to what some Metroid games already have:

BonyDirtyAnglerfish-max-1mb.gif

It takes time to charge, then Wario runs faster while annihilating most enemies it touches.

Back