Do you want the next WarioWare to retain full voice acting?

Do u think the wariowares should talk

• Yeah

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • NO

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Only Charles Martinet

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
It's been a few months so I'm curious to see what everyone think.

I remember being baffled when I saw that mention in the OG press release, but globally I think it was a good thing. I know that some found it negatively impacted the pacing of the cutscenes and some of the recasting was controversial (and I still don't like 9-volt's) and but it's not like they could've kept using random people from the marketing department as "actors". Overall I thought the VA cast was of generally good quality in all languages and made the cutscenes more interesting. On a more boring and cynical level, looking around social medias and youtube whatnot shows that the voice acting actually *was* a selling point for some people and endeared the characters to new fans who may have not given the series a look otherwise. So I think the switch WW need to retain that feature to be as successful as it can be.

But yeah, full VA, y or n?

I hope so we can see if Spanks' theory of the voice acting creating a brand new wave of wario fans holds up

i think it would definitely be nice to have. i enjoyed the voice acting a lot, and i thought that for the most part the cast fit (i also don't like 9-volt's va that much; the sound is right but delivery sounds forced).

i don't think the idea of people getting into this series or the characters just because of the vas is cynical at all. a good performance can do a lot to sell a character, and the game definitely feels more lively with proper vas. and of course, sometimes people just want to check out what their favorite actors are doing. nothing wrong with that imo

I definitely want it to continue. I wish they would do some recasting though, but that's just me wanting the characters to sound faithful to the original voice clips. I'm glad they kept Dribble pretty faithful to the original at least.

Sure. the voice acting in Gold, regardless of who or who didn't fit, was genuinely very good, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it come back for future entries and I imagine it'll most likely will.

Last edited:
tfw you will never ashley's song as sung by erica lindbeck

i don't think the idea of people getting into this series or the characters just because of the vas is cynical at all. a good performance can do a lot to sell a character, and the game definitely feels more lively with proper vas. and of course, sometimes people just want to check out what their favorite actors are doing. nothing wrong with that imo

I was more thinking that framing things in terms of "X thing should be in the game because it will make the game more money" is a bit ghoulish. But I'm all too self-conscious : p

tfw you will never ashley's song as sung by erica lindbeck

I was more thinking that framing things in terms of "X thing should be in the game because it will make the game more money" is a bit ghoulish. But I'm all too self-conscious : p
ahh i see. sorry about the misunderstanding.

Having voice acting really made me feel like Nintendo cared about the WarioWare comeback. It really made for some iconic bits and character development (or... as much character development a WW game can have, lmao).
I would love to see it return, but especially Martinet. Tbh if it was only him I wouldn't be disappointed, but I'd prefer the whole cast.

I'd like for it to be similar to the way the old games worked, with bits and phrases, but not full-on voice acting. Gold was like a horrid anime dub most of the time, and I'm completely convinced that if they even had a voice director then they were mute

Bring back the original Jimmy and we'll talk.

This. His voice was deeper in the GBA and Gamecube warioware.

I feel like some voices worked for chracters like 9-Volt, but I didn't like Jimmy and Wario's. I preferred just the small blips the characters use to make in the earlier games rather than full dialogue. I did really enjoy gold though (still playing it!).

Eh, why not. May as well bring the voice acting back.

Maybe switch around some of the weaker voice actor choices, but some of the others worked pretty well in this game.

Not going to lie, the voice acting is what really drew me to WarioWare Gold. I don't know exactly why, but the voice acting in that game actually drew me to the WarioWare cast and their little stories more than it ever did in prior Wario games. To the point that I can safely say that I feel more 'invested' in these guys than I am in Mario's principal cast... and honestly? Any chance to hear Charles Martinet talk extensively in his Wario voice is a-OK in my book!

In other words, I REALLY hope the next WarioWare (whether it be on the Switch or otherwise) has voice acting.

It's just that the thing is, is that because of the VA the cutscenes had simpler animation. If we could have Smooth Moves/Game & Wario quality animation plus the voice acting, that would be great! The only voice I really don't like is Dr. Crygor's, but I do miss Cricket's high-pitched voice...

Back