Does anyone actually care about the trophies in Smash Bros.?

BooDestroyer

Treasure Collector Extraordinaire
Really, they seem to be the most underrated part of the series. Does anyone actually try to collect all of them? Somehow, I doubt it. I've looked through other people's copies and see that they don't even have that many. I rarely see anyone that interested in them.

Then there are the people who pretend like they're the most important part of Smash. But to my knowledge, hardly anybody ever collects/talks/thinks about them.

No.

But my favorite Daisy design is from Melee

daisy.jpg

Yes. I like looking at them, at least sometimes. I collected all the trophies in Melee and Brawl, and will probably do the same for Smash Bros 4.

I used to collect the trophies in Melee. In other games, though, there's just too many for me. It's a bit overwhelming. So I just take whatever trophies I get, but don't really bother going out of my way for them.

Can't argue with that. It really is the best design for Daisy the new ones kind of look weird.
I'd say Daisy-palette-Peach in Melee you could actually mistake for Daisy, since details such as the gloves and flower logo are actually accounted for. Brawl Smash 4 can't boast this and just look... Sloppy.

Excuse me, went a bit off-topic there. As for the actual trophies, I do find myself collecting them whenever given half a chance. I was playing Melee the other day for a bit of fun, and whenever a trophy would appear in Adventure mode I'd scramble to pick it up. The little history tidbits are quite nice and so are the models themselves a lot of the time.

Technically, it is kind of true. And it's my understanding that they're the least important part of Smash.

In fact, try listing them by type:

Fighter
Fighter Related
Final Smash (Wii U only)
Item
Assist Trophy
Poke Ball
Stage
Enemy
Series Related
Other

The last two are the "stupid bullshit nobody cares about" categories.

I collected all of the WarioWare trophies as fast as possible (and save for Wario, they were all in the shop) and was excited when I got Ashley. Wish there was a Penny, though.

I want to get them all, I'm a stickler for completion. I played through every character in each mode to get the trophies, but I STILL don't understand how Target Blast works so I haven't got many unlock board ones. Some of the Pokemon showcases in my game are missing like ONE random trophy and they're so annoying, but seeing a showcase full up and hearing "COMPLETE!" is a great feeling.

Back