Does anyone still want Mighty No. 9

How does everyone feel about Mighty No. 9 as a soul successor?

• Total voters
You know, now that the dust has settled and Mighty No. 9 seems to have bombed...I really do think it's kinda sad how one of the most highly funded Kickstarter games turned out to be a dud.

Like, the potential was there. Too bad they squandered it, and trying to make it a multimedia empire really hurt it. Some also argued they should have picked one or two consoles and stuck with it.

I'm still one with some disdain for the game; I really want my five bucks back. But what's done is done. Will Inafune ever recover from this? Only time will tell, but it's going to be following him.

One thing's for sure, Inafune really did let his ego get the best of him. I think the "Inafune brand" he talked about has been hurt by this more than anything. But given Kicktstarter fans got ripped off, Marvelous lost millions from that King of Pirates game that git canned, and Red Ash being what it was? It's going to be tough, if not impossible, to recover.

I still don't buy Inafune's apology since apologizing is a pretty routine thing in Japan to save face.
Although out of his power and he himself has asserted against the label, I still dislike that a lot of people call him the "father" of Mega Man.

I don't quite think the apology is genuine myself. Some do, but I don't.

I think I remember saying I'd buuy this game once it was out. Still might...but it will be a used copy, so Inafune doesn't see a penny off the copy I buy. Though I won't be buying said used copy from GameStop, either; kinda wanna support a company that's respectable.

Now that the dust is settled it is safe to say it's better to save your money for a different game. Inafune just got too over his head with the title he was given all those years ago in trying to be the next big thing, even though media and attraction doesn't work that way. When it comes to kickstarter events it just seems to be a hit and a miss sometimes you get something good sometimes you get something mediocre hence Mighty No 9. and " everything " including various game modes that it " promised ". Right now Bloodstained or Yooka-Laylee seem to be better options, MN9 tries to make these Megaman Zero-like attack and mash ups such as that weird dash attack, which makes you lose momentum in game and sometimes leaves you vulnurable to attacks. Seems like Inafune and the rest of the developers didn't really know how to configure actual movements or attacks.

Last edited:
Wait, it is? If that's the case, I honestly wonder who they convinced to fund it.

I mean, the source material wasn't well recieved, so this pretty much gives the filmmakers freedom to do whatever they want with the IP, but honestly, I thought outside of Mighty Gunvolt Burst, nobody would even touch the Mighty No. 9 property.

Back