Donkey Kong Series

What are you talking about? Tropical Freeze is probably one of the best DK games ever!

I think there might be a few other members here that are also DKVine members.

I meant stuff like KoS and JC, Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga were alright but didn't really made headliners.

But those were a long time ago. Water under the bridge. Ancient history.

In your post you make it sound like DK hasn't done anything since then.

Aside from DKCR he really hasn't done anything. Still keeping on that we could get something in the future.

Well gee, a respectable thread now dead. *opens hood of car and attaches battery prongs to computer* CLEAR! *zaps
So now for discussion, you guys think within the next few years there'll be a handheld port of DKCTF. The same treatment the DKCR got. I sure hope so maybe by 2018.

I'd rather see a brand new DK game rather than a port of an existing one. This call for a new console could probably give out hope that we might get another 3D platformer for our gruesome friend like DK64 in a way.

I'd love to see a new DK as well, I would even be fine with a 3D platformer, perhaps not a collect a thon
Don't get me wrong I like those kinds of games but just not DK64, it's got the DK personality, characters, etc. I just the design I can't stand, each character has areas that only they can reach, which is fine, but that's that, the whole "this character can only collect this banana" annoys me because there is a metric shit ton of backtracking. If that wasn't an issue I'd love the game, and a successor I know has tons of potential.
Any hoo rant over. I'm not opposed to a new DK64 but I'm more for another DKC.

A new DKC would be pretty good too especially now since we haven't had a DK game for a while. I guess DK sort of suffers from not having the most diversity in it's gamestyle. DK64 although with it's backtracking with which Kong collects what it's only been there for one game. We also did get Donkey Kong Jungle Beat but that didn't really stick out. It's similar to what Pacman suffers, where he can't really break out of this DKC cycle. There isn't anything wrong with DKC infact that's the game that put DK on the map and it's been a huge success. I'm just wondering if that success will ever give DK a new opportunity to be able to be in a more flexible game like how Mario has been in SMS, Galaxy, etc or with Wario in his land, ware, world type games if at all.

I guess the best place to start is spin offs staring characters such as diddy kong and such and expand out from small there, if wario can do then so can dk.

A Diddy spin off wouldn't be so bad that does remind me of how Wario started branching off on his own yeah. This just leads to what could he do on his own, they gave Luigi that whole ghost themed game. If Diddy could get a unique theme it could work out.

I can see it now, diddy and Dixie soaring through the air with his jetpack and her hair, fighting off some sort of evil version of the squaks, now there's a million and one ways to go do a diddy spin off, but hey, it could work.

Diddy shooting hordes of gnawty's and bee's would be pretty funny, yeah or maybe something that could make full use of his jet pack abilities. Was thinking something like Tails' Adventure for the Game Gear sort of gameplay since Diddy can use his jet pack to climb up heavy ledges and solve puzzles by placing blocks between switches if that even still is a thing now.

You can never have enough Kong.

11262713_1421085564878333_564596149_n.jpg

Then maybe perhaps a new Diddy Kong racing, Diddy Kong racing in the 1890's America. Riding on Expresso and Rambi for the biggest race of their lives.

Back