Driving

MonaWare

do wa ditty
Diamond City Insider
Do you know how to drive? Are you legally allowed to drive? What do you drive? Do you have your own vehicle?

I dont know how to drive : p Ive driven a few times before though, and Ive even been told I actually drive really well. I just havent actually really learned how to do it, and havent went to take my permit test : p

Id like to be able to do so one day, though. Just never done it. It seems like most peoples parents help them out with that stuff when theyre growing up. My mom never once even talked to me about doing it though : p Am gonna have to figure it all out on my own apparently : p

I own a crappy 90s Mercedes. My dad taught me how to drive, we'd always go to this abandoned parking lot and I'd just practice driving around, how to park and so on. A parent teaching you isn't a necessity if you can just find a good teacher at the dmv, you'll be able to pass. It's similar to riding a bicycle or swimming once you learn how to drive you never really forget.

Seeing as you've also gotten people to say you're a pretty good driver it's well just that easy. Our bodies and minds remember things physical such as that, you should definitely keep it up and get your license.

Yeah, I started driving last summer because it's a lot easier to get your license at 18+ since there's less you have to do. Like I went and took my permit test even though I had no experience with driving; I just studied the manual online. My dad took me driving a couple of times in empty parking lots and then I took some lessons with an instructor and then the road test. The instructor was surprised at how good I was since I had little experience. Good thing I'm a quick learner ^^ so yeah I've had my license for almost a year now and I drive a Volkswagen jetta

I currently have my learner's permit, but I didn't really do anything yet because there's no way I could afford my own car anytime soon, so I figured it would be pointless for me to begin. Considering getting lessons later this year though.

I know how to drive, even have a license. However I choose not to pay for a car due to the expensive of it in modern days.

I prefer to have money is all. (Also has anyone ever noticed that some people have these really nice cars but when you drive by their homes, they look like....a dump? I mean a car can be very important but I'd question my living status at that point.)

If I ever need to go somewhere, I just ask a friend or any of my family members if I can borrow their car. (their all nearby me anyway and I often offer to put some gas in).

If I had any advice I could give, I think if it's possible for anyone to wait to get a car. Focus on managing your money, balance bills, see if a bike could help you for short distances, etc. THEN look into a car. My dad a long time ago used to tell me that having a car was a big responsibility and I would be the one paying for it....well when I was almost 18 I really wanted a car but once I learned all about what I would be paying for.....err.....maybe someday in a later future I'll look into my own car again.

Last edited:
I had the curse of an older sibling learning to drive, get her own car, and get into 4 car wrecks in a month. I wasn't allowed to get my permit until I was almost 19. My step-dad took me out for a few lessons and when my permit expired, my state just gave me a full blown license. I didn't even have to take the test. XD I did take the written to get the permit, though.

I wish I could rely on public transportation where I live because the drivers are horrible. The bus system rarely runs though and it takes 4 hours just to run one errand using the buses. Due to that, I own a car and it comes in handy when I want to get out of the city for a bit and get a change of scenery.

Back