Favorite flags

MonaWare

do wa ditty
Diamond City Insider
Ive always thought flags were super cool. Ive always liked the idea of representing yourself with a personal banner. Im sure that others out there feel the same way to some extent, so lets talk about it

They can be any flags at all, real or fictional, national, whatever : p

Ive grown fond for the the flag of Israel lately. I like the simple design, a white field with the blue star of david and bkue bars above and below it. It has a real peaceful look to it, is nice.

I also like the canadian flag, mostly for the same reason. Red and white are neat together, and I like that they use such a simple symbol to represent themselves, the maple leaf I mean.

Argentina has a pretty flag, too. I love the light blue on white. I tend to like flags that only focus on a few colors, haha.

Hong

Looks like logging on cut some of my message > : ( I was just talking about hong kongs flag and how I like it there. I then talked about the american flag a bit and how I feel about it. Dont wanna retyoe it all now though so will do latee : p

Im too lazy to post pictures from my ohone, but tou guus can do what you want : p

2000px-Transgender_Pride_flag.svg.png
I don't usually pay attention to this kinda stuff, but I started to grow fond of this flag here.

Yeah, I know. I sound like a broken record.
Oh that's not what I mean at all. I hope I didn't come off as mean spirited. I just meant that there was no need for you to be so vague with why you like that flag. I'm not transexual myself but I can relate to those kinds of feelings though this may not be the right place to talk about such things.

Back to the main topic...here's a couple flags that I like for various reasons either because I think they look cool or for some kind of sentimental reason or perhaps both.
916sgyR.png
UopuEVw.png
fq9fMTD.png

IikdBjY.png
YfRsaHo.png
Td0n7Fp.png

8hAHL4k.png

Flags don't seem to often feature animals so I also tend to really like those. Honorable mention to the Egypt flag but it's not as iconic as the others since this one was only adopted in the 80s.
oLzcTBV.png

I know it means bad. But in watching the first and third Indiana Jones movie you can guess what flag I think as cool.

I know it means bad. But in watching the first and third Indiana Jones movie you can guess what flag I think as cool.
It's not that weird. A lot of people are entranced by Nazi symbolism without having Nazi beliefs. It's pretty popular to collect stuff like medals.

Flags don't seem to often feature animals so I also tend to really like those.
That's why I love that Johnston Atoll flag. There aren't that many flags with a bird so prominently featured on it. And I like how the head is comprised of four strikes that, along with the stars represent the four islands of the atoll. One of the most overlooked flags IMO.

I am by no means a Nazism supporter, but I think the Nazi flag is one of the most well-designed flags that have been made. Even before WW II the red, white and black struck fear in the hearts of any opposer or persecutee.

Ive never really thought it was so bad to think the designs the nazis used for their banners looked good. Cuz like thats what they intended, they wanted a banner that people could feel proud about. But collecting nazi memoribilia, I couldnt do that. The history is too dark. They did have good designers though, yeah.

Speaking of controversial flags, I absolutely do not sympathise with the confederacy, as I do not believe slavery was their God given right. But, I do think the battlw flag, as in the flag thats used to symbolize the south today, is a cool looking flag

Back