Favorite Video Game Composers

Alberto Jose Gonzalez-
A somewhat lesser known composer who has done music for a lot of really different games. I am not sure of the quality of the games themselves but his music is always top notch.
The Smurfs- Act 2 and 8
Turok 2(Game Boy)- Jungle Stage
Lucky Luke (Game Boy)- Train
SANS
Alberto José González is a great composer, and as far as I've talked to him quite a nice guy! :D
It's nice you link a tune that was in Lucky Luke as an example - although this particular tune wasn't made for the game but put in because Mr. González didn't have enough time to create something new - as since summer, I've been working on an arrangement project of the full soundtrack. :D I'm working on the very last tune now (and it's the hardest, for sure..! but also Mr. González' favourite), but I still need to practise the other tunes much more before I can play them at the intended speed. ;) Train is quite a tough one as well, and I guess you will know at which part I'm getting here! ;)

Last edited:
being a fucking hipster, I'll post western artists that are'nt david wise or grant kirkhope

Nathan McCree

Composer for Core Design. Best-known for making the soundtrack to Tomb Raider 1 to 3. Has just successfully crowdfunded an orchestra recording for the Tomb Raider soundtrack.

Blam! Machine Head - Geophorea
Blam! Machine Head - Ultra VCF
Soul Star
Tomb Raider

Tim Wright

aka cOld stOrage. Composer for Psygnosis. Best known for composing the original tracks for the PS1 release of Wipeout.

Wipeout - Messij
Colony Wars
Wipeout Pure - Onyx
Krazy Ivan - Grunge Prayer

Martin Iveson

Composer for Core Design. Left videogames after Core Design's demise and now post music under the name "Atjazz"

Thunderstrike - Mission Selection
Fighting Foce - Fianl Boss
Fighting Force - Car Park
Thunderstrike 2 - Arms Running

Tom Salta

AKA: Atlas Pug. For a while was the main composer of Ubisoft's "Tom Clancy" games. Now does music for Halo spinoffs.

Ghost Recon Future Solider - Nemesis
HAWX - Ready Aurora
GRAW
I'll see your western composers and raise you one Dan Wentz & Tom Miller, both of which are personal inspirations

Tom Miller
BIONICLE Heroes (GBA)
one of the GBA Spyros (this one, "Eternal Night." It took me until "Temple of Fang and Claw" to recognize his style, so I wasn't sure at first)

Dan Wentz
Red Faction (that's just a taste though; here's a full playlist for it that I made back in like 2014; I recommend Klockwerk, it's a personal favorite)
Descent (all of them; here's Descent ][ on his SC)
Vampyro (Dan's custom map for Descent II; pretty dope)

Edit:
Stuart Chatwood; I haven't heard all of his music, but I have heard the soundtrack for Sands of Time and it is rad as hell.
So, I've cherry-picked some of my favorite tracks (not in any particular order).

Start Running
Discover the Royal Chambers
Welcome to Persia
The Royal Baths
Enter the Royal Palace
Farewell, Princess
The Vizier Must Die
Dreamtime
Father, Is That You (great song, great cutscene-- followed by a shit fight with one of the weakest tracks in the OST ':/)
A Long Way Up
Trouble in the Barracks (Ironically, this is a track that I don't really like, but there are lots of things about it that I like)
The Tower of Dawn
(going along with the singer in the songs with the girl providing vocals is super fun for me, especially when you nail it)

Last edited:
Back