First Wario Games

Alanstrocity

"Greed is Good"
Since I’m new to the Wario fan base, I never played too much Wario yet. My first Wario game I actually played was Wario World which I got last week. I loved it a lot, but I felt like it was too short, completing the game in two days. So I found and ordered SML:WL and got it two days ago. Although, the battery in the cartridge died, resulting in the game not being able to save. It was a simple $3 fix, but changing the battery was the scariest part since the original battery was glued on. I thought I might break it. Now it works and I’m having a lot of fun. I just love old games despite my young age. There’s a certain charm about them that can’t truly be replicated today.

1. Welcome to the fandom
2. My first exposure to wario was in Mario kart ds, the first game I ever played. But the first Wario game i played was warioware d.i.y. So many childhood memories of making (bad) micorgames

Wario World is a pretty good starting point I'd say, so welcome.

It really shows my age, but personally my first Wario game was Wario Land 3 on GBC. It was actually my younger brother's but we would play it together. I distinctly remember having a walkthrough in a Nintendo magazine that got us through to the Final Boss. It's what made me fall in love with the character and series looking back and is still my favourite of the Land series.

Before that our Game Boys were pretty much just Pokemon machines, so it made for a nice change up. That was also my first real experience with a Mario game in general, having grown up with Sonic and the Sega Mega Drive instead.

Hey welcome. VforVictory:

My first Wario game was Wario Land 4, which is still, as I've stated many times before, by far my favourite one.
For newcomers however, I'd recommend simply starting with Wario Land 1.
The best WarioWare game is WW Twisted in my opinion. But it's quite a hard game to get, especially in Europe where it was never released.

I think I've divulged inti this story before but it's basically a different forum now.

In my earliest memories i already had Mario Land 1 and 2 ane enjoyed them quite a bit. During one of the first few times i got to choose a new game to own, it only made sense to choose WarioLand since the Super Mario Land 3 title made me expect an even more console like Mario on the GameBoy. After being a little regretful for a minute that i wasn't playing a Mario game I found WarioLand to be a lot more fun than the Mario games i played up until that point and the sequels were the same for me.

I started with Wario Land Super Mario Land 3 too. Quite a fun game, and definitely a good intro to the series overall.

I also started with 4.

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was 2003 and I was at my grandmother's house in Texas. Surrounded by nothing but flat terrain and family, I took my Gameboy Advance with me to keep me entertained. My cousin did too, and since it was Christmas, she gave me her old game cartridge for Wario Land 4. I couldn't put it down.

Wario has been my favorite game character ever since.

Man, I remember first seeing Wario in Super Mario Land 2 back when I was just a young 'un. I got the first Warioland shortly after it came out and it was one of my favourite games back on the old black & white Game Boy. :WLWarioLaughs:

I even had a Super Game boy so I could play it on the TV!

My first Wario game was WarioWare: Smooth Moves. The team definitely knew what they were doing when making it, and it was genius to release it early on in the Wii's lifespan. I always loved the variety in art styles of the microgames, as well as the fun multiplayer mode and amazing soundtrack! Not to mention it was the first game to have my favorite character, Young Cricket! ¡Qué maravilla!

Back