General Wario references thread (Now with Index on page 13).

I think it's just a model.
I think I found it:
wario-bd-nintendo-1997-plush-beanbag_1_9921a2d160825f59f6764767db783219.jpg

A callback to his N64 debut.

Yeah, I saw that. Nice to see, especially given Crocodile Isle, Keehaul Key and Cortez all got referenced too.

Oh hey! Captain Syrup got a mention in the newest Animal Crossing update!
View attachment 12574

That's a very nice thing to see, as it shows us that Nintendo at least still acknowledges Wario Land. I was genuinely worried that Wario Land would end up like the Virtual Boy, in the sense that they don't really want to mention it, even though such fears were somewhat ungrounded, since we have seen them mentioning the Virtual Boy in WW: Gold, and there have been lots of WL references in recent Mario Kart tracks.

So apparently the actor who voiced the Shake King (Tsuguo Mogami) also voiced the Ludwing Von Koopa rabbit from Odyssey and he's a recurring actor in the KoF franchise. (Could've swore the also voiced to sealing thwomps they sound the same as the king)

Huh, didn't know that. But it's true apparently:

(though Spewart might be more of a cross between Morton and Ludwig)

In the Kirby Superstar sub-game, The Great Cave Offensive, you have to venture through a giant cave, while collecting tons of treasures on your way, Wario Land-style. Many treasures are references to other video game series, including this Mario & Wario bucket:

latest

Enlarged image:

Apparently if look up for amiibo cards in eBay, you'd usually find reproductions just to cover the offer and demand, but this:
s-l1600.jpg

They bothered to make them look nice, also Lou Albano Wario and SuperBoy.

On the Chinese version of NSMB there are unused sprites inside the "Wanted" minigame:
138281.png

Having a new design for Wario just to match the SMB3 Styled sprites, instead of borrowing sprites from his Wario Land series.

Apparently if look up for amiibo cards in eBay, you'd usually find reproductions just to cover the offer and demand, but this:
s-l1600.jpg

They bothered to make them look nice, also Lou Albano Wario and SuperBoy.

Damn, Bowser looks really badass here. Though the other characters are... not my kind of style.

Super Mario Land 2 artwork displayed at Tokio's station:
Ekb-4-EXUAAMGwo

Hey, that's really cool. Bowser looks very intimindating in this. Sure that's gonna scare a kid or two.
But I kinda miss Donkey Kong. It's not only Donkey Kong where he's been a boss, you know. Donkey Kong '94 and the Mario vs. DK series have been realeased well after Super Mario Bros.

Also, I wish they had used Wario's Mario vs. Wario or Wario's Woods artwork, but I guess they specifically wanted artwork from his first appearance in this case.

Back