Generic Enemies you like

warelander

Some random guy online
Every videogame franchise has a ton of generic enemies and while a majority of them aren't characters per say (in the way the pro/antagonists are) that still doesn't stop them from being memorable and stables of their series' in their own right, so if there are any generic enemies you like, feel free to talk about them here and give them some attention.

As for me, I have three that quickly come to my mind :

Jan (Madou Monogatari 2)
spdnbb.jpg

Having recently finally gotten into Madou Monogatari, I quickly jumped onto the Game Gear version of Madou 2 and while I already knew who Jan is, due to her appearing in three later Puyo Puyo spin offs, she still made quite the impression on me.

She is one of the first enemies you can encounter in the second major area of the game and makes her entry by just coming up from the ground, during battle she can either attack normaly, or take a turn to enlarge one of her hands, to attack you for more damage. I really liked figthing her, since the one turn she needs to ''charge'' her attack gives you a lot of options in how to proceed, compared to all of the enemies that came before her, which were more blatanly brute force. Plus I love her design, her Puyo Puyo Quest appearence shown above is actually one of my favorite character designs in the whole franchise.

Hoodlums (Rayman 3 )
latest

These guys are hillarious, Rayman 3 in general is very wacky and comedy focused and these guys are the perfect representation of that.

When you don't battle them you can often see them slack off or do all kinds of goofy stuff, like at one point there actually two that fight over one gun, the real highlight thought are the bonus videos titled ''Wanna Kick Rayman'' which feature a single Hoodlum attempting to show of all kinds of ways to beat up Rayman, which always end up in wacky hijinx.

Shy Guy (Mario/Yoshi series)
latest

These guys outside of being absolutely adorable (and often hilarious in the RPGs) are some of the most versatile enemies I have ever seen, I mean you have Spear Guys, Fly Guys, Pyro Guys and waaay too many more to count, they are a prime example that any old enemy can learn new tricks, especially given that they did nothing but move forward in Mario 2 and are now probably among the Mario mooks with the most sub species out there, especially since the likeds of Sniffits ans Bandits are based off of them and most importantly, they are just charming and lovable as all heck.

17xwhr11jxdlxjpg.jpg
Turrets - Portal 2.

Aside from being cute as heck these little guys are deadly to humans and robots alike. They will shoot anything that moves, those guys also have a cute side to them, like when you beat the game
they play you a cute little song.

I love birdo from the Mario franchise

SMB2_boss_Birdo.gif

Haha, shes a way cute character ; p I like using her in any Mario game : p

I also love Boos

tumblr_mhvfsoqUYg1r9cjqxo1_500.gif

theyre way cute and fun : p I especially like the ones who hide their faces when Mario runs by : p

In Skie sof Arcadia, there was a side quest where you had to hunt down pirates for a bounty, and one of them ended up being the main characters. Though when you find them it turns out to be a group impersonating the main characters, theyre a sleezy and bizzare version of them : p

latest

Haha, I thought that was a way neat idea : p

I also liked the soldiers of the evil empire in the game.

segabits-skies-of-arcadia-battle.jpg

Its kinda neat, they have a menacing feeling to them, but still keep that cutesy thing that Skies of Arcadia has. I always really liked them. My only complaint is that they never stuck to one color armor, they always had different colors at different parts of the game. I like soliders and empires that have a color theme, its more fun that way
: /

In a special quest in the bounty hunting side quests, theres an evil pirate named Piastol whos hunting down the main character of the game. Her name is Piastol.

2-017.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I always thought she was neat. Shes seeking vengence from the main character, and appears a few times in the game to fight you. Shes pretty tough, too.

Might come back with more later : p

Tons from the Wario Land series. For example, the axe ghosts and robo birds from Wario Land 4 were pretty cool, as was the pirate ghost in Crescent Moon Village.

And the Recapitators from Shake It were interesting as well. How often do you see an enemy use its head as a boomerang?

The Brrr Bear from Wario Land 3.
Brrr_Bear.PNG
They're just so cute! I also like letting them spit their ice and then following it along the level, trying to hit it at the latest time possible.
I also like the Sawfish from Wario Land II.
WL2_E_Swordfish.PNG
I like how they normally stay in one row, but if you hit them, you can knock them upwards, and make them swim around in places they would normally never appear in.

Inflatoblob_WL2.png
The white bluff from Wario Land and II is quite funny, especially in the original, where it really throws you upwards if you hit it.
The caterpillar from Wario Land 4 is called Imomushi, apparently.
Imomushi_WL4.png
I like it because it's harmless, and yet satisfying to kill for me. d:p
SMASSMB3BooSprite.png
I like Boos, probably because you're able to lead them in all sorts of places and then have them stay there. Multiple of them can lead to some interesting situations.

I might go through some other games later, but not now, as I've spent like 20 minutes at this post already d:p

The Kremling Krew.
latest

They’re such a mysterious and versatile bunch of baddies. They’re goofy and incompetent most of the time, but they can still be intimidating when they have to. Strangely enough they can even be considered tragic/sympathetic villains; the Kremlings serve K. Rool out of fear rather than genuine respect. In DKC2, Klubba reveals that K. Rool treats his cronies like complete shit (he even had one of them executed in DK64!).

I love how their origins (their in universe origins that is) are shrouded in mystery. However, there are a some clues scattered throughout the SNES DKC trilogy. In DKC1’s temple stages there are Kremling head statues in the background suggesting that they once occupied DK Island. In DKC3, Brigadier Bazooka mentions how he served in the “Kremean War”. Perhaps the Kremlings were forced to leave DK Island and settle on Crocodile Isle as a result of this conflict? And of course there’s that cryptic description of The Lost World in the DKC2 instruction manual: “There are rumors of a lost world located deep beneath Crocodile Isle. It has been said that this is the source of the Kremlings…”

I also like the Snowmads (from DKC: Tropical Freeze) for much of the same reasons. That being said, the thing that sets the Snowmads apart from the Kremling Krew is that they’re nomadic conquerors (and their leader, Lord Fredrik, seems far less cruel than K. Rool). As you progress through the game you can see just how far-reaching the Snowmad empire really is (they set up base camps, food stores, and other structures throughout the archipelago). The Snowmads are badass.

Last edited:
3+Putties.jpg

I always thought putties were cool : p

Also, monsters from the Lost Kingdoms series for Gamecube were always awesome

303125db9c7df42119aaa6a9300fbbb0.jpg

God-of-Harmony-Lost-Kingdoms-II-Boss.jpg

420012-29257_14_2.jpg

And Woolies from Rune Factory are way cute : 3

l_4ffcdb78b2f47.jpg

(theyre enemies, but you can tame them and bring them to your farm, too : p)

I've always liked scuttlebugs. When I played the cave world and the boo mansion in the N64 game these enemies were kind of rare and them popping out at you as a kid was kind of freaky, but I liked them the most because of that. Spider enemies are always a plus anyways, go bugs.

1467564739397.png

Not sure if this guy counts as a generic enemy as it's really rare but it's quite an oddity. The gentleman enemy from Tales of Symphonia. These guys appear in other games within the series though this is just a clip of them in Symphonia. Just like how odd they are compared to the fantasy setting around them they almost dont fit plus they got that rockin' Amish beard.

Oh, Ive played multiple Tales of games and I never knew about them : p Haha thats neat. But it kinda makes me think of the clay guys in ToS in the place where Gnome rests, where the gnomes live. Haha, I always liked those monsters, like their attack was their arms calling off, and them bending over to pick them back up and re-attach them : p They were neat : p

I always really liked the angels in ToS, I thought they were a way cool enemy-

43-2airjgg.jpg

588453-920235_20040805_033.jpg

latest

49-fejmmf.jpg

Fun fact, Tales of Symphonia is the game that got me into the blue and green color combo.
Dunno why, but that was a big theme in that game : p

For Metal and his love of bugs, I like these guys from Skies of Arcadia-

6-006.jpg

They actually really freak me out : p Would be terrifying if it were real.

They can only be found in Valua

latest

I really liked Valua for some reason : p

Fun fact, Tales of Symphonia is the game that got me into the blue and green color combo.
Dunno why, but that was a big theme in that game : p

For Metal and his love of bugs, I like these guys from Skies of Arcadia-

6-006.jpg

They actually really freak me out : p Would be terrifying if it were real.

They can only be found in Valua

latest

I really liked Valua for some reason : p

That's an awesome enemy, bug enemies in things are always cool. Love bugs especially this looks like it could be from a movie or even Metroid itself. Speaking of Metroid, love the countless alien life in the series mostly the enemies in the Prime games. As they all look like they could be actual living organisms and that adds a key life to them that otherwise would make them just be seen as enemies and not actual living creatures.

Here's a Blogg from Prime 2 as an example of just that. Love how the concept art actually has them how they would swim on the top right hand corner similar to that of fish in real life. As well as how the muscle bits or flesh would extract and extend as it mouth moves which adds more to how it could be seen as a living predator.

4EsPr.jpg

Another really neat enemy from Prime 2 would be Grenchler. Remember having tough times trying to fight these harsh creatures, very similar to the sheegoth's in the first game except covered in eyes.

cry_grenchler_p2.png

Here are some other inhabitants of Tallon IV or well some smaller enemies in Prime 1 such as zeemers, shriekbats and the like. It's like the entire planet it's alive with it's own ecosystem in that game.

561519-platformers.jpg

Hoodlums (Rayman 3 )
latest

These guys are hillarious, Rayman 3 in general is very wacky and comedy focused and these guys are the perfect representation of that.

When you don't battle them you can often see them slack off or do all kinds of goofy stuff, like at one point there actually two that fight over one gun, the real highlight thought are the bonus videos titled ''Wanna Kick Rayman'' which feature a single Hoodlum attempting to show of all kinds of ways to beat up Rayman, which always end up in wacky hijinx.
You can catch them chugging down plum juice and getting drunk as well near the beginning of the game.

Came here to post this favorite of mine but it's already been done :D

Back