How'd you find about the Wario Land/Ware series, and what makes you like him?

Random Adam

I gonna whip and nae-nae you at the same time
Coins
Coins
Username Change Gold Bracelets User Name Style Change Gold Necklace Post Shadow
I found about the Wario Land series by Youtuber Whoisthisgit, and he did a video on Wario Land 4. I got interested in the series after looking into the games, and playing them The reason I like Wario is his greedy, funny, weird, and cool personality. He also is relatable at times, as for liking money and garlic, and being selfish at times.

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Coins
Coins
Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined) Gold Necklace Gold Earrings User Title Style Change Postbit Highlight (Pre-Defined)
When I bought Wario Land Super Mario Land 3 back in the Game Boy era. Took me a while to get into it too, so it was probably the second or third playthrough that really made me like this series.

That said, I suspect Wario Land 4 had a bigger effect though, since not only was it a game I was super hyped for in the day, but one I played over and over again, to the point I could possibly call it my favourite game of all time.

thegoodguyslose

humma humma ding a D O N G !
Coins
Coins
User Name Style Change
I became aware of Wario through a copy of SM64DS I was loaned as an elementary school kid, but paid him no mind (I remember thinking he was kinda scary). Years later I got WarioWare D.I.Y., which sparked a small interest with me in terms of making up lore for the characters... mostly other than Wario because I liked their unique designs so much. I also played WL4 on the 3DS Ambassador Program and it grew to be one of my favorite platformers. The original WarioWare was also included in the offer and I beat it several times (once I did it in a day).

My interest in Wario as a character came during the whole Waluigi craze of 2016-ish, which caused me to wonder where all the love for Wario was, since his games were so much more influential to my younger self. Did a ton of research and played a lot more of his games (through Virtual Console, though now i'm collecting physical copies), and here we are today. I started to appreciate him more than just some gross anti-Mario. I mean, he is that, but he's also more than that.