Huge WIP here

In all honestly, now that I think about it that does sound pretty funny and fits with Mona so well.
Just throwing pizzas at enemies lol!

These pizzas are so hot that they can burn an enemy's face lmao!

Oh right! Power-ups, I completely forgot about that! I like your idea! Just having her past jobs sorta help her in a way. Like yeah the pizzas can either be her main attack or just a power-up she can gain throughout her adventures. I can see the Gelato being a form of a healing item however I also see it as like an ice power ya know?
I know she owns exotic animals so it would be an interesting idea that she would have to ride different animals in certain parts of the level, like how Donkey Kong contrey does it! :0
Also, thank you! ^w^

Aw heck yeah!
Like heavy toppings like meats make it stronger however the range will shorten because of the meat toppings being heavy, so it's strong but the range is pretty low.
Lighter toppings like the veggies make the range really longer however the attack is pretty low.
Spicy toppings would make things burn

Right! I have a list of items that I know she owns
Like her Boomerang, Batton, Guitar, Camera, motorscooter, and microphone.
Those are the items that she has in the WarioWare games that I can list off atm.
I can think of some that she can use however the others sorta seem like a minigame type thing

I mean hear me out, imagine she just swings her guitar as a bat and sends enemies flying lol!!

Thank you both for the ideas! It's really helping me a ton!
I can't wait to sketch these ideas when I have the time! ^^
Lmao I like the Gelato being ice power idea. Gelato for ice and pizza for fire would be hillarious. I LOVE that idea for the pizza too like, you can have different toppings like contra power ups that effect the projectile lmao. I also like the guitar idea.

MORE IDEAS :D (I love ideas)
Boomerang: long distance can get items and hit switches, maybe also have boomerang puzzles like "the annoying stick" game where you have to stay in the lines

Batton: Good old short range melee. Can be used to get past rythem parts of the game where you have to tap tap revolution style it. Maybe one part a fight happens between a different member of the wario ware crew and mona has to button mash to cheer for them so they can beat enemy arse.

Guitar: (token sound attack suggestion and same suggestion as above rythem game suggestion only this time its laid out guitar hero style). Maybe it can also be a mid range melee weapon capable of sending out musical notes to attack but by being smashed on enemies it breaks slowly (Punk rock style like when they smash their guitars).

Moped: Can be an ability (maybe even unlockable) that is like monas version of wario's dash attack. Maybe when she pulls it out she can even stand on top of it to create a sort of platform on the go. Might be able to cross over some terrain mona can't normally.

Camera: stun enemies? take pictures of enemies for some sort of enemy/location/item catalogue PERHAPS a different wario ware character is having mona collect (thats a good way to throw in more characters)

Lmao I like the Gelato being ice power idea. Gelato for ice and pizza for fire would be hillarious. I LOVE that idea for the pizza too like, you can have different toppings like contra power ups that effect the projectile lmao. I also like the guitar idea.

MORE IDEAS :D (I love ideas)
Boomerang: long distance can get items and hit switches, maybe also have boomerang puzzles like "the annoying stick" game where you have to stay in the lines

Batton: Good old short range melee. Can be used to get past rythem parts of the game where you have to tap tap revolution style it. Maybe one part a fight happens between a different member of the wario ware crew and mona has to button mash to cheer for them so they can beat enemy arse.

Guitar: (token sound attack suggestion and same suggestion as above rythem game suggestion only this time its laid out guitar hero style). Maybe it can also be a mid range melee weapon capable of sending out musical notes to attack but by being smashed on enemies it breaks slowly (Punk rock style like when they smash their guitars).

Moped: Can be an ability (maybe even unlockable) that is like monas version of wario's dash attack. Maybe when she pulls it out she can even stand on top of it to create a sort of platform on the go. Might be able to cross over some terrain mona can't normally.

Camera: stun enemies? take pictures of enemies for some sort of enemy/location/item catalogue PERHAPS a different wario ware character is having mona collect (thats a good way to throw in more characters)

These are all great!! :]
I really love your ideas and I really appreciate you sharing them!

It really got me thinking more about this, the Pizza is more used as a base attack while the gelato is a form of amo.
However, I don't want to give Mona too many weapons as it can feel overwhelming with the number of weapons she can use if anything I can just make the Pizza and Gelato as healing items if I feel like this is a bit too many weapons she can use.

-For the boomerang of course it will be a long-range weapon used to defeat aerial enemies and I really like your idea of the boomerang also being used to solve certain puzzles in a level! :>

-The batton I kinda wanna treat it as a sword-like weapon not sharp but yeah like you said a short-range weapon! However I don't want Mona to rely too much on her friends in the WarioWare company to fight bosses I want Mona to fight her on her own if anything the rhythm game can be also a puzzle for a level, maybe she needs to do a form a cheer to open doors kinda how in Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker you need to play a melody in order to open a door to a dungeon

-The guitar can be a form of strong weapons like how theres a spear, and sword, and an axe. I do like your idea tho! It can send out musical notes as well and maybe another rhythm based puzzle as well :>

-The motorscooter yeah I can see that being a ability that Mona unlocks, maybe can smash into walls as well as fast travel but I really love the idea you suggest of her using it as a platform!

-Yeah camera flash does that lol! A way to sting enemies also yeah maybe Joe needs some photos for a book he's writing. Joe changes his jobs many times so maybe he became a writer here and wants to make a book about the enemies Mona fights on her adventures :>

Again I really love your ideas here! Really helps me a lot with this special project ^^

Last edited:
Sketches of this project I made today!
monasketces.png

morekscthes.png

I wanted to try out pixel art and I really like how this came out :>
pixelmona.png

I feel like this project I am making Mona more expressive and I kinda like it
Give her more character :>

Oh wow those pieces of artwork look great! It seems so charming and fun overall! Can't wait to see more of it!
Thank you!! I really like how expressive I drew Mona in these!
It might be a while before I can sketch more of these but still thank you!! :]

I am so excited about your project, I'm not the greatest but if you need any help in blender or play testing I would always be more than happy to help. It looks and sounds lovely so far.

I like how you want to invovle the crew though. But it would definitely be epic to see Mona in a boss fight with Vanessa where the Yum Yums come in and help.

I also love how you stay consistant with the whole "Ugly is cute" trope mona has going on. I think her adoration of ugly is the cutest thing about her lmao.

I am so excited about your project, I'm not the greatest but if you need any help in blender or play testing I would always be more than happy to help. It looks and sounds lovely so far.

I like how you want to invovle the crew though. But it would definitely be epic to see Mona in a boss fight with Vanessa where the Yum Yums come in and help.

I also love how you stay consistant with the whole "Ugly is cute" trope mona has going on. I think her adoration of ugly is the cutest thing about her lmao.
I never thought of actually making this into a game since I don't really know how to code, but I really appreciate the help in the future! If anything after I finished college and other things maybe I can teach myself how to code and make this fan game into reality :>

I wanna involve the crew cause I think it would be sweet if they wanna help Mona from time to time. Plus thought it would be fun to add them in too! OH! Yeah, defiantly that would be cool! Vanessa vs Mona would be a really cool fight! I still need to draw/redesign her for Mona Land hehe

Also yea! It's part of Mona's character and I don't ever wanna take that away from her since I love Mona! But I also wanna at least give her some character and by that, I mean actual EMOTIONS, cause I know in the Wiki for Mona she does have a personality but it really doesn't show that much at all hence why I draw Mona with these exaggerative faces, plus it's fun giving Mona these expressions she wouldn't normally have haha!

I never thought of actually making this into a game since I don't really know how to code, but I really appreciate the help in the future! If anything after I finished college and other things maybe I can teach myself how to code and make this fan game into reality :>

I wanna involve the crew cause I think it would be sweet if they wanna help Mona from time to time. Plus thought it would be fun to add them in too! OH! Yeah, defiantly that would be cool! Vanessa vs Mona would be a really cool fight! I still need to draw/redesign her for Mona Land hehe

Also yea! It's part of Mona's character and I don't ever wanna take that away from her since I love Mona! But I also wanna at least give her some character and by that, I mean actual EMOTIONS, cause I know in the Wiki for Mona she does have a personality but it really doesn't show that much at all hence why I draw Mona with these exaggerative faces, plus it's fun giving Mona these expressions she wouldn't normally have haha!

Yeah, you should definitely try coding at some point. It's not for everyone, but it's fun to learn, and if you do pick up on it, can open so many doors going forward.

And I love how exaggerated she looks. Gives her more of a personality for sure!

Would you say that if a coder showed interest in this you would be willing to work with them to make this game a reality?
Probably, Probably not
It depends really, I am not good at communication skills but having some help would be nice ^^
However, this project isn't that done story-wise, so it's not ready to be worked on too much really <:]
But if they do then it would be nice to have help, but not right now-
I am still trying to work on a story and everything <:]

I know we're all talking about this as a hypothetical game but don't feel pressured to actually make it a game if that's not really what you want. If coming up with ideas and concepts and drawing them out is more enjoyable for you then by all means continue.

My point is if SOMEONE did try to make this a game would you want to contribute or would said coder and other artists just have to start from scratch? Would you rather they themselves start from scratch and not be included? Would you be unhappy with this outcome or try to stop it all together?

I know we're all talking about this as a hypothetical game but don't feel pressured to actually make it a game if that's not really what you want. If coming up with ideas and concepts and drawing them out is more enjoyable for you then by all means continue.
I honestly kinda like working on is as an art thing. Thinking of ideas and drawing them is more of my style and I am having fun just drawing the ideas. Sure it being a real game would be cool but I don't think I am ready for that process just yet <:]
Maybe in the future! For now I am just going to stick with it just being a art thing :>

My point is if SOMEONE did try to make this a game would you want to contribute or would said coder and other artists just have to start from scratch? Would you rather they themselves start from scratch and not be included? Would you be unhappy with this outcome or try to stop it all together?
Oh, most definitely I would wanna contribute! I am not really a leader but I would wanna contribute in some way :>
If the said coder and other artists were to start from scratch I don't mind at all, as I said before I didn't come up with this idea first, someone else did and I just asked permission if can make my own Mona land :> (They said yes btw)

I'm not the type of person to jump to conclusions so if someone out there made their own Mona land game I honestly would not mind at all. If anything I would ask if I can help out! I never worked with a team before so it would be cool if someone out there plans on making a Mona Land game and I can help out ^^
I wouldn't be unhappy or try to stop them I would instead be excited and happy about it! ^w^

The only time where I would be unhappy would be if they just take my ideas without me knowing
Not asking for credit for the ideas just want like a DM or something saying they might use my ideas :>

I honestly kinda like working on is as an art thing. Thinking of ideas and drawing them is more of my style and I am having fun just drawing the ideas. Sure it being a real game would be cool but I don't think I am ready for that process just yet <:]
Maybe in the future! For now I am just going to stick with it just being a art thing :>

Oh, most definitely I would wanna contribute! I am not really a leader but I would wanna contribute in some way :>
If the said coder and other artists were to start from scratch I don't mind at all, as I said before I didn't come up with this idea first, someone else did and I just asked permission if can make my own Mona land :> (They said yes btw)

I'm not the type of person to jump to conclusions so if someone out there made their own Mona land game I honestly would not mind at all. If anything I would ask if I can help out! I never worked with a team before so it would be cool if someone out there plans on making a Mona Land game and I can help out ^^
I wouldn't be unhappy or try to stop them I would instead be excited and happy about it! ^w^

The only time where I would be unhappy would be if they just take my ideas without me knowing
Not asking for credit for the ideas just want like a DM or something saying they might use my ideas :>
That's all I wanted to know cause I like to shake up some coders every now and then to see if they want to create games. So far I've gotten a crew of four together for a wario-like platformer and made it to level 3- 9 on a wario rom hack of super mario 64 before the coder working with me got very busy but its fun to even work on such projects at all. Especially if you are artistically gifted, creatively minded, and a huge fan of whatever you're trying to create. I'm all for pushing people to be try to achieve their dreams or stuff that will make them feel happy in the long run.

That's all I wanted to know cause I like to shake up some coders every now and then to see if they want to create games. So far I've gotten a crew of four together for a wario-like platformer and made it to level 3- 9 on a wario rom hack of super mario 64 before the coder working with me got very busy but its fun to even work on such projects at all. Especially if you are artistically gifted, creatively minded, and a huge fan of whatever you're trying to create. I'm all for pushing people to be try to achieve their dreams or stuff that will make them feel happy in the long run.
Oh! That's really nice of you! ^w^
It's cool that your gotten people to work on a game! :]
Your a good person for doing that! Sometimes people just need a push to achieve something!

Oh! That's really nice of you! ^w^
It's cool that your gotten people to work on a game! :]
Your a good person for doing that! Sometimes people just need a push to achieve something!
I like to think that too, that some people just really need the support.
Passion is obviously something that shouldn't be milked and is precious. But I do find it something to be encouraged and supported! Which I guess can sometimes look/feel the same dependent. Eitherway what @Magma said. No rush, no pressure, was just asking in case I happened into a situation where some coder really wanted to end up making this game. They could even just work on the mechanics, the animations can always be polished later on. A game could be created with stick figures and then the art and animations can be applied secondarily.

I like to think that too, that some people just really need the support.
Passion is obviously something that shouldn't be milked and is precious. But I do find it something to be encouraged and supported! Which I guess can sometimes look/feel the same dependent. Eitherway what @Magma said. No rush, no pressure, was just asking in case I happened into a situation where some coder really wanted to end up making this game. They could even just work on the mechanics, the animations can always be polished later on. A game could be created with stick figures and then the art and animations can be applied secondarily.
Don't worry as people always say "You can't rush art"
Being patient is important especially since I have a busy life so I appreciate that a lot :>

Also, I like the way you think. Animations do take time I mean the animation I posted here took me 2 days to complete and it's what a 2 second gif? It's always good to test the game's first prototype first before the important stuff can be implied. Again that's great thinking there! ^^

Back