I e-mailed Charles Martinet about Wario ...

Nintengasm

Hocus Pocus!
I'm not sure if he minds the e-mail being repeated or not, but since this is a forum full of fans, I don't think he'll mind.

In my e-mail, I mentioned that everyone always asks him about Mario and Luigi, but never Wario. I also asked if he ever interacted with the other WarioWare VAs once in a while. To end, I told him that he helped make Nintendo games awesome and I thanked him for it (I'm a fanboy, so sue me.)

"Hi (me) ,
Thank you for your kind words.

I love working on WarioWare. Every Mario or Wario or Luigi game that I do is super fun for me! Because I love the characters…

We record new voices for just about everything… But luckily too, there is a wonderful library of our works for Nintendo to draw upon we ever need it.

Working on a Wario game is slightly different in that it is very much harder on the throat to do Wario's voice then Marios… but it's all super fun!

I do see the other voice actors once in a while. But usually in a video game, you record alone in the studio. Then when you're done the next person comes in, etc. It's not like a cartoon, where often times the whole cast is reading together… I must say, that is super fun.

Very best wishes to you,

Charles"

When I saw that he actually replied, I had to make sure I was actually awake (I was kind of star struck. Over an e-mail. Shut up.)

I wrote again when he started posting instagrams with Mario and Luigi figures, but I never received a reply, nor did I really expect one. I'm sure he's a busy man and interacting with fans probably isn't something he has loads of time for. I was just really, really stoked that he replied at all.

Oh wow, that's awesome! I mean, Charles Martinet responds to people's emails and actually gives details about what his working life is like? That's pretty cool for someone as well known as him.

It's certainly better than the type of response Nintendo themselves would give for general enquiries. The 'sorry but we have no plans for X please check back in a few months or so because we love our fans and blah blah blah'.

Unfortunately the site forums made a complete move since then. I could try using the Internet Archive machine. Maybe I'll ask some people there too.

This was a long time ago. I can't remember what year it was exactly.

He's your Idol?

That's very cool.

I don't have the guts to talk to Charles like that?

What's his email address?

kermit-frog-easy-being-green.png

• Dislike
Reactions: 607
So, anyone think I should ask the people at Mario Fan Games Galaxy if they have a backup of the Charles Martinet conversation held there?

I talked to the staff member there I knew the best. This is what he told me.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details since I wasn't around at the time, but one of our older member (I want to said Nite Shadow, but that could be wrong) knew him irl through some means and asked him to join. I think he popped in once for a Q&A or something.

Funny story with it, very few members believed that it actually was him. I mean, I guess I can't blame them. If someone made an account on a random little forum and claimed to be someone well known as Charles and that they made the account because a friend asked them too, I'd probably think it was a joke account too.

EDIT- Just to clarify though, it was later verified that he was who he said he was.

So how did he get to reply to your e-mail just like that? With the huge amount he must get on a daily basis, I'd say I'm surprised that he took the time to respond to it. Consider yourself awfully lucky there.

Back