Ideas for the next possible Wario Land?

I'm reposting this cause something went wrong.

I agree the wario ware characters shouldn't clash with the land series. They're completely different and it's weird to see characters in one series change into another enviroment cause they are very different. But Captain Syrup would a good playable character as well
I agree with that. A better choice than Waluigi honestly.

Yeah but still, Waluigi doesn't really fit that well. One of the games' most important aspects relies upon Wario's brute strength. Hence why Waluigi is mist likely isn't in.
Maybe we could have Waluigi as a sort of Murfy in Rayman Legends deal, where he's less of a straight-up P2 and more of a tool to solve puzzles with. Or maybe he could have less strength (like you said, it'd be kind of weird for him to be in a game about strength) but different transformations or better jump height or speed or something. Idk, I just want to give him SOMETHING to do Hmm:

I would flip my lid for a Warioland style game where you could play as Waluigi too. Maybe it could be like Donkey Kong Country, where the two characters go through the levels together and you can switch between who you're controlling, and they each have different abilities.

No offense to Captain Syrup, but Waluigi is a way more well known character and has a lot more personality.

Last edited:
I would flip my lid for a Warioland style game where you could play as Waluigi too. Maybe it could be like Donkey Kong Country, where the two characters go through the levels together and you can switch between who you're controlling, and they each have different abilities.

No offense to Captain Syrup, but Waluigi is a way more well known character and has a lot more personality.
I understand Waluigi wanting to be a playable character and im on board with that but it feels like Waluigi wouldn't fit in the games. Like I dont really see waluigi treasure hunting unlike trying to ruin everyone else's day or playing tennis. He just doesnt seem like the type is what im trying to say. But if he did make it in, if we get a game, that would be fine.
I feel that Captain Syrup would fit better as she is a pirate looking for treasure. It feels like she complements wario well.

Waluigi is more well known overall, but I think Syrup is pretty iconic to the Wario Land series. While Waluigi does have personality, it's still pretty similar to Wario's.

I understand Waluigi wanting to be a playable character and im on board with that but it feels like Waluigi wouldn't fit in the games. Like I dont really see waluigi treasure hunting unlike trying to ruin everyone else's day or playing tennis

I agree, but not even just lore wise. Wario Land for the most part has Wario using strength to overcome opposition, this would look really weird with Waluigi imo. It's hard for me to picture someone as skinny as Waluigi performing earthshake punches, ground pounds that stun all enemies on screen, mega tossing enemies larger than him away, or even just plain shoulder bashing right into them.

Well, the case with Waluigi is that there's a bit of a vicious circle to his appearances: Since he doesn't appear a lot outside of Mario spin-off games, his potential for use in other games is limited, which in turn might deter developers from using him in other games, thus keeping his potential limited.

Back