If they make a warioware game for the switch.....

Well there are probably quite a few people requesting it. No idea how we'd count them, but there have been a few gaming news site articles calling for a new Wario Land, plus a fair few YouTube videos and numerous comments/forum posts.

Sure, though I'd argue even something like Golden Sun has more prominence on the internet when it comes to game series overdue for a sequel.

Pues, I'm obviously out of the loop. What can I say? I'm more of a WarioWare fan than anything, although if a new Wario Land came out I'd flip my lid. Perhaps they've run out of ideas for a new Land game?

But even if 771 Wario Fans bought it, that still won't nearly be enough. And I have my doubts on how many fans there are outside this Forum that are dedicated enough / care sufficiently about Wario Land to buy a new WL game should it be released.

Dedicated Fans will not be enough for majority of Nintendo games. You don't have to be a big fan of Wario to buy a Wario game. It's not like Wario as a character is dead too, tons of people knows who's Wario

Last edited:
Oh I know that, I just thought Pizza Time acting like people demanding a Wario Land game was a common occurrence on the internet or anywhere was funny.
Oh, I think there's quite a bit of it. I see comments about it on YouTube now and then, and never by names I recognise from this forum.

OK brother I get the message. My eyes have been opened up and I can see clearly now. Clearly, there are 50 million screaming Wariomaniacs all clamoring for a new Wario Land game and they're all going around clanging and banging demanding for a new game.

OK brother I get the message. My eyes have been opened up and I can see clearly now. Clearly, there are 50 million screaming Wariomaniacs all clamoring for a new Wario Land game and they're all going around clanging and banging demanding for a new game.

Dunno why you're being cute. The Wario Land games had great views and mostly sold very well: all of the numbered games and even Shake It, despite commonly being thought to be a flop, sold over a million worldwide. It's a solid brand that certainly has some nostalgia for it, and it stars a character that is still active and well-liked. The constant complaints there's too little WL content in Smash, the positive reception to stuff like that indie WL fangame mock-up and then cancelled colorization of VB Wario Land, and the fact people are making hommages to the series (see Pizza Tower) also shows there is a pent up demand for a new game.

Ok ok, I'm not saying that the Wario Land games have literally no demand and are absolute failures. What I'm getting at is that when it comes to highly demanded sequels to series that haven't had entries in a long time, Wario Land is not among the usual franchises that I see be brought up. I never saw Wario Land be brought up to the same degree that say, Metroid did prior to the Metroid 2 remake.

Reactions: 607
I dunno, I hear Wario Land come up a lot. I've been seeing a lot of people on the YouTube comments and what not request for a Wario Land game. I see it come up just as much as F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid, etc.

I am honestly not sure where the mindset of Wario Land not having much demand to return is coming from, if anything it's become a key series that people like to point out in regards to neglected Nintendo series, to show off a few examples:

And speaking as the guy who's running a Wario Blog, yeah, people are disgruntled over the lack of a new Wario Land and they aren't afraid to get moody at you if you dare defend Ware or just be happy about small Land nods in other games, just because it's not the same thing as a new game, I had that happen several times.

Glowsquid already said the rest, Land is a successful series with a main character who remains popular and a constant sight in new games to this day, and Land related or inspired content is pretty much always well recieved, just because it doesn't have the most vocal following online compared to other games doesn't mean said following doesn't exist.

Also, all the platformers besides World and VB Wario Land are readily available on modern systems via the VC, so people even have a easy way to learn of the series and give it a chance even today and I have seen a number of people who got to play at least some of the Land games for the first time via the VC and became new fans that way.

I am honestly not sure where the mindset of Wario Land not having much demand to return is coming from, if anything it's become a key series that people like to point out in regards to neglected Nintendo series, to show off a few examples:

And speaking as the guy who's running a Wario Blog, yeah, people are disgruntled over the lack of a new Wario Land and they aren't afraid to get moody at you if you dare defend Ware or just be happy about small Land nods in other games, just because it's not the same thing as a new game, I had that happen several times.

Glowsquid already said the rest, Land is a successful series with a main character who remains popular and a constant sight in new games to this day, and Land related or inspired content is pretty much always well recieved, just because it doesn't have the most vocal following online compared to other games doesn't mean said following doesn't exist.

Also, all the platformers besides World and VB Wario Land are readily available on modern systems via the VC, so people even have a easy way to learn of the series and give it a chance even today and I have seen a number of people who got to play at least some of the Land games for the first time via the VC and became new fans that way.

That Darkstalkers one is true pain, when the series itself gets referenced in crossovers but never gets a new game out.

Fair play to what all you guys have been saying, (also I was in a bad mood when I wrote that stuff hence my more than usual moodiness). However, it feels like it's only recently that Wario Land has joined the ranks of the usual "neglected" series like F-Zero and Earthbound in recent years, probably coinciding with Shake It becoming a decade old in the past few years. Guess it's taken the place of Star Fox which has received a lot of love recently. Even if Star Fox Zero wasn't great we still got the Star Fox appearance in Starlink.

I wonder if a ~Games as Service~ approach could work for a switch WW. Like, launch with games played on the stock hardware and have updated adding microgames for stuff like Labo, the Ring fit ring thing, etc...

They could also update it with new microsets to promote major new releases. Imagine a whole series of Xenoblade microgames for example lol

It would preferably have to work in handheld mode and I guess it could work. But don't we already have Mario Party which in a sense could be competition. It has multiplayer and (even though I never played it myself) Joy Con Gimmicks and the same goes for 1-2-Switch. There's a lot of depth in Land titles but how does it compare to Mario Maker 2? As a series what does Wario offer? hmm... Warioware 99 Battle Royale? YES. Warioware always missed that multiplayer appeal (I never played the Wii one did that have any?) and yeah I think (and even still) DIY was the best at that since you can share so much. Don't forget Wiifmmi support on that one.

t don't we already have Mario Party which in a sense could be competition. It has multiplayer

I mean WW and MP competing was evidently a non-issue during the time both series were active, including last year where two Mario Party and one WW were released within less than a year from each other. Plus Nintendo's strategy seems to be have to one "big" casual game each year (1-2 Switch, SMP, and now Ring Fit Adventure).

Warioware 99 Battle Royale?

How would that work? though 99 Ashleys parachuting from a cargo plane would be pretty funny.

Back