Issues with Others

I don't know if I should get into this, but it seems that a lot of people are having problems with Kyon and other people here. I see a lot of passive agressive actions and confusion with discussion. I would like people to talk out there problems here. I don't want the enviorment of this forum to become a toxic. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, or if I should even get into this, but it has been hindering discussion. I'm sorry if I come off badly.

I like the initiative. I think this is necessary.

I am just gonna be honest and say I am not too fond of Kyon. It is nothing personal but there is just one main thing about him. It has nothing to do with his fondness of Ashley at this point. He is plain terrible at reading people and reading the atmosphere. That's it for me really but this has such a widespread effect.

Considering nothing has really been done to Kyon and I don't think he can do anything to remedy at his issues I have resorted to having to be passive aggressive towards him. I've tried to ignore him but it just causes me to blow up after a while. Lecturing him is completely ineffective. Being passive aggressive has been the most effective strategy for me since I let off a bit steam without causing a ruckus. Sadly this really can't work for everyone and I have no idea how everyone can deal with this. I don't think people have the patience to deal with a stumbling Kyon additionally.

This probably sounds like I'm vilifying Kyon but if I'm encouraged to talk this is honestly how I feel.

I would like to take this opportunity to note that there is nobody here I dislike or take particular issue with. For example, while I've had a few discussions with RWB which may appear as though we're pretty strongly opposed, I actually really respect him, since he consistently shows himself to be a very intelligent and reasonable individual. I absolutely love hearing his perspective, regardless of if I agree. Definitely love having him around, at least when he is around. For another example, while I will openly acknowledge that Kyon isn't great at handling such things as opposing viewpoints and has somewhat less-than-effective social skills, I would consider him a friend. He's a flawed individual, but he's still a nice guy. Just as long as he's not angry, which happens a bit too easily. I certainly hope he can consider addressing these shortcomings without feeling slighted that I think these are concerns that should be addressed, and keep in mind that I still like him.

On the flipside, if by chance anyone has any problems with me, I would like them to address this. I haven't perceived anyone to have anything against me, but there's always that possibility, and I want to be open to such feedback.

I can't talk about other issues cause if I talk about them they will most likely know and gang up on me. Probably some of you know who I have problems with, the one with Glowsquid was just for awhile, dude was scary sometimes, but he's just doing his own thing.

Here's a list of people I have issues with.

1. ChanceTime
  2. Warelander
  3. BigMagma
  4. Magical Ashley
  5. Kyon
Chancetime because he mocked Ashley that one time, that is all. I don't go near the guy anymore.

Warelander because sometimes he makes a big deal out of me sometimes.

BigMagma because
does the same thing Lander does, but not as bad I assume.

Magical Ashley because Sometimes I is her friend and other times she hates me? that girl, sometimes I can't tell if she is just Roleplaying Ashley or being herself, what's the deal with that!? lol

Kyon because he needs to learn some darn manners that one, I tried talking to the guy once and all he talked about was Peach and Rosalina

Chancetime because he mocked Ashley that one time
I mean no offense, but this is part of your problem. You should probably work on respecting people's right to have a different opinion, and not holding a grudge against someone for such a petty reason.
Magical Ashley because Sometimes I is her friend and other times she hates me?
I think she's just acknowledging some of your flaws while still being a friend, and someone you can talk to. Not too different from what I'm doing, really.
I tried talking to the guy once and all he talked about was Peach and Rosalina
I know, it's really boring to try talking to him when he only talks about one thing, right? :p

I mean no offense, but this is part of your problem

Like I said before, I was the one being annoying to him, not Ashley. He just mocked her out of the blue to make me angry.

I think she's just acknowledging some of your flaws

Makes sense, I guess.

I know, it's really boring to try talking to him when he only talks about one thing, right?

I don't talk about her often, I do in fact mention her a lot. Which leads some people thinking I am trying to make the thread about her, for E.g "Talk about Anime! thread." Me : I love anime! (Ashley should get her own imo.)"

Everyone : OMH STAP TALKING ABOUT ASHLEY!

me : All I did was mention her. ._.

Like I said before, I was the one being annoying to him, not Ashley. He just mocked her out of the blue to make me angry.
That's still not a great reason to get angry. I don't remember the exact post, but I would guess it was more mocking the way you talk about Ashley than mocking Ashley herself.
"Talk about Anime! thread." Me : I love anime! (Ashley should get her own imo.)"
What's Ashley got to do with this? We were talking about this Kyon guy, and how he only talks about Rosalina and Peach!
In all seriousness, the problem here is that you'll mention her when it doesn't really contribute to the conversation. For example, saying she should have her own anime does not, on its own, contribute to the discussion of anime. It would still be possible to talk about her to help further the conversation, like if you talked about the traits of a good anime character and then used Ashley as an example of having these positive traits.
I take issue with Melluh because she says she likes Skyward Sword when she actually means she likes Ghirahim's ass.
I take issue with King Hehehe, for being too self-critical. See? He's doing it right now! Isn't that just awful?

I mean, it could if you think about it. Somebody might ask the burning question "What could an Ashley anime be all about?" and I'll explain all my ideas and he could share his. It happened before on another Forum some time ago. Point is, anything can lead into a convo. Be it about Konata's blue hair or Ashley's headbend.

People just gotta use their...
spongebob_imagination_by_kssael_display_zps742422d7.jpeg

I take issue with Melluh because she says she likes Skyward Sword

That will get you some hate in the LoZ fan community, yeah : p
(I also liked SS, so we could totally be friends : p)

And I dont have any problem with Kyon (I do not keep up with this debate at all), but I can see why others would. I remember when I was younger, I was like... kinda extreme about the N64. Like I even claimed it was the only system worth playing, and talked down about the entire PS2/Xbox/Gamecube/Dreamcast era : p
After a while I learned to chill out and stop getting worked up about completely un-important things, such as things I liked : p
I can understand Kyon to some extent, I had a phase like that once, and I definitely get nerdy about certain fictional characters. And I do get annoyed when people insult my favorite characters just for the sake of doing so.
But I have also learned that being extremely passionate about the things you like is not as enjoyable to the people around you as it is to you, and that practicing common courtesy with the people around you by not always talking about the things you like will definitely help you get along with the people around you better.

I dont totally know everything about the debate here, but if the problem is bringing up a topic when its not related to a conversation, then the solution is obvious.

Kyon, I think you should try to bring up Ashley less, and don't get offended if people have a different view on Ashley than you. Not everthing involves Ashley. If your in a discussion, try to talk more about what is at hand than bringing up Ashley. A lot of times the whole conversation becomes about Ashley when she has been brought up, and its almost been impossible for me to post when there is so much talk about Ashley. I think it could be a good idea to make a discussion about Ashley and keep it contained.

I don't get offended, I doesn't matter if somebody hates her. Hating her is one thing, but mocking her is another. I'll do my best, for as long as this Lucina icon of mine stands I'll be well behaved.

I don't get offended, I doesn't matter if somebody hates her. Hating her is one thing, but mocking her is another. I'll do my best, for as long as this Lucina icon of mine stands I'll be well behaved.

Its a good thing you dont change your avatar daily, then : p

Kay-o, I need to get this off my chest.

Screw Pigmask Colonel.

All he does is make sarcastic comments on stuff like "hue" or whatever. Never once has he really contributed to the discussion or made a decent thread. And EarthBound is a terrible game. God, man.

and I hate to say it but his music is pretty f***ing awful

Sometimes I press ratings by mistake without even knowing, so sometimes that starts something. It's a mix of lag and pressing the button fast, mostly thumps ups so I gotta go back and unrate the thing, sometimes it's much worse.

Back